Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Live Wire (Brooklyn Boys #2) by E. Davies









BLURB


Adam:

I might be into guys. Do you have any idea how terrifying that is? I've already run halfway across the country to get away from my abusive parents, and I really want to experiment, but I can't even hook up without scaring myself away. I might look confident on the outside, but this is tearing me apart.

Then my new roomie wins a trip for two to a gay resort in Hawaii. Darren wants to show his clueless ex that he's moved on, and I want to help out. Darren deserves way better, and faking being his boyfriend is the perfect chance to figure out my feelings. But then what do I do when the man I really want turns out to be Darren himself?

Darren:


I escaped the regret-fueled hookups with my ex when I moved out. He's not the worst guy out there, but now we're going to be at the same resort for a week, and I want to make it clear that I'm off-limits. My hotheaded, impulsive, but surprisingly sweet new roommate is willing to help with that.

While I pretend to date Adam, I can't stop imagining what it'd be like for real. I want to be more than Adam's experiment, and suddenly keeping up appearances is less important than following my heart. I'm going to have to learn to trust all over again for this to work out once this week is over, though. Can we grow strong enough to build something that lasts forever?

Live Wire is book two in the Brooklyn Boys series, where good men find their happily ever afters in a hectic metropolis. It has an HEA and no cliffhanger. There will be one king-sized bed, confusingly real kisses, a broken heart healing, a lot of firsts, an awkward plane trip, and the prize of a lifetime: a heart to hold safe.





REVIEW 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Live Wire is a great addition to E Davies' Brooklyn Boys series.

I love this book. Heck, I love all of E Davies' books so far. In this one, we are treated to two new roommates who become fake boyfriends. Heck yes, sign me up! And when the straight roommate discovers he's not so straight after all, oh my!!! Love this trope!

Darren and Adam are super sweet together. They start fake dating to trick an ex, but soon Adam figures out that he is definitely interested in making things real between them.

The characters are well developed, and keep me completely riveted to their story. They are funny and also sincere.

I adore the way that Adam is handled, as his bi-curious side develops and he can finally feel like his true self. As well, I love that the theme of dating someone who is actually right for you is important. If you're with someone who you don't fully connect with, you can never be your true self.

Thanks E Davies for this great book. Live Wire is fantastic and I can't wait to read more about all your Brooklyn Boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...