Saturday, October 27, 2018

His Bodyguard by Alex James





Amazon Link
Goodreads Link



Blurb

Drake

I'm supposed to protect him, not send him to his knees

When I'm assigned as billionaire heir, Thatcher Moore's bodyguard, I know I'm in for trouble. He's a pain in my a** from the moment I arrive at his family's mansion.

Unfortunately for me, I need the gig after my career was almost ruined by my last client. 

Thatcher knows just how to press my buttons but if he thinks he can annoy me into quitting, he's got another thing coming. 

If anyone knows how to handle mind games, it's me. After my time in service and dealing with my fair share of trouble clients, I'm equipped to handle anything.

When I one-up Thatcher by pretending to be his lover at his social event of the year, I know I've won. 

Except with Thatcher, it might be that I've finally met my match. I'm not so smug after he kisses me. There's no going back.

Thatcher

Bodyguard or babysitter? I'll show him just what and who he's got to deal with

So I might have been almost-kidnapped, but is having a bodyguard breathing down my neck 24/7 really the only solution?

I'm trying to have some independence but everywhere I go, Drake's there. My parents insist it's for my own good but it seems like just another way to stifle me.

At least I know how to press the guy's buttons. He won't last more than a week after the attitude I give him. 

Except that the harder I press Drake's buttons, the harder he fights back. It's game on. 

Until he takes it a step too far. If Drake wants to play dirty, he can be my guest. 

I always get what I want and what I want might just be my hot new bodyguard.


His Bodyguard is a fun, hot and over the top romance novel. Readers can expect a lot of heat and a lot of laughs



Review 

My Rating - 4 Stars!


His Bodyguard is a fun and sweet romance by Alex James that will keep you on your toes.

When Drake is hired to protect Thatcher, he never expects to fall for the young man. What follows is a secret affair interwoven with manipulation, suspicion, action and danger.

Drake and Thatcher are adorable together. I love the way they help make the other a better person, as well as giving each other someone to  lean on and trust. Their story is a light read, full of good characters and some nice side characters, well except for a particular master manipulator they have to deal with. It has some tender and romantic scenes, in addition to some hot and steamy scenes!

I definitely recommend His Bodyguard when you're in the mood for something with light angst and some sweet devotion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...