Wednesday, October 10, 2018

GRL 2018 SPOTLIGHT - Ethan Day - Second Time Lucky

In my attempt to cover some of the attending authors for this year's GRL,
I am reviewing 

Ethan Day's 
Second Time Lucky!








BLURB


Second chances aren’t easy to come by but for Luke Landon and Owen West, sometimes the best things really do come back to you.

Luke Landon and Owen West already had a once upon a time. They burned hot back in college yet still managed to lose their way. It’s been fifteen years since they drifted apart and while a lot has since changed, they’ve discovered that some things still feel the same. While one calls it fate, the other dumb luck, second chances aren’t easy to come by. Putting the ignorance of youth and life’s baggage aside, they just might find that sometimes the best things really do come back to you.



REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Second Time Lucky is a wonderfully sweet second chance romance by Ethan Day.

I am thrilled to have discovered this book and the fantastic humor that Ethan Day brings to it. If you like sweet laughs, just read to enjoy this quote, "The price you pay for butt sex and sin." And the "free Willy" scene is just the best!

This romance reminds us of the importance of finding that special someone who makes you feel good about yourself. It's all about the importance of finding the right person. At the right time.

Luke and Owen have to deal with family issues, and an ex-husband, in addition to the importance of understanding and more importantly forgiveness. Luke and Owen are fun, sweet and meant to be together, if they are finally ready to be a couple. I love them and their story.

If Second Time Lucky is any indication of Ethan Day's other stories, I will definitely be checking out his other titles.




Ethan Day


I am a gay man living in Missouri. I can hear the gasps already!! How very un-chic of me, yes I know. It was here I was born, and here I have stayed.

I'm currently single, but always looking for that special someone that makes my heart skip a beat as well as being able to put up with neurotic litte 'ole me. The worst thing about being a romance writer is finding a real-life hottie who can live up to the fantasy I create in my head and subsequently thrust upon him before actually getting to know him. I can hear you getting all judgie, it's an occupational hazard! To all my past and future boyfriends, my sincerest apologies, I can't help myself!

I was the youngest of four children and the only boy, so needless to say, I was spoiled rotten. I've always had an extravagant fantasy life. When I played with my Star Wars action figures as a child, I liked to make up my own stories. Naturally, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo were totally meant for each other, and Princess Leia made a bitchin' wise-cracking fag-hag.

I somehow managed to survive high school living in a small racist town in Southeast Missouri and emerged unscathed, realizing life was too short to pretend to be anything other than who I was. I was the little homo that could. So damn it, I did! It was all very Lifetime Movie Network meets After School Special, I assure you.

After a few stints in college, I eventually signed up for a Creative Writing course. I took the class because there were no tests. For once my scholastic laziness paid off, and I found an outlet for all the fantasies running amuck in my head. It was love at first write, and I've been doing it off and on ever since.

Now I've decided it's time to un-barricade the doors and unleash my imagination onto the world. So very sorry world!! My fantasy life is now available for public consumption and I'm desperately hoping you're really, really hungry.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...