Saturday, January 12, 2019

From War to Forever (War Trilogy #1) by Andria Large







Blurb

2nd Edition Dennis

The love of my life is dead. Is there a reason to live anymore?

I'm a veteran Marine. Terrorists took not only my foot, but also my wife. Recurrent nightmares, a dead-end job, and a painful limp are all I have left. My best friend, Tucker, and my sister, Lizette, keep me afloat. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Tucker... literally. And then, out of nowhere, there are these feelings. The kind I haven't felt in years. The kind I'm not sure I can handle, or even want to. But they've started wrapping around my broken heart, trying to mend it. Only they are not for a woman, but for the man suddenly sharing my bed. I'm not so sure I'm ready to give love another go.

Tucker

The war took my hearing, but I'm alive. Many of my friends are not. I am building a life with my best friend, Dennis. We have become practically inseparable. And now, we are more than friends. I've never had feelings like these for a man. My parents, my brother, my buddy, Duke--will they understand how I feel about Dennis? Can I risk losing my family?

First Edition published as At War by KDP Select, 2015.



Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

From War To Forever is a compelling and emotional romance by Andria Large that will pull on your heartstrings. It's emotionally charged, full of horrific times, and very eye-opening.

Dennis and Tucker are two ex-marines who meet in the hospital and are now roommates. They are brought together by friendship and need. Dennis is now living as a bouncer, after losing his wife and his leg in the war, two things that cause him a lot of suffering. Tucker is now working in IT after losing his best friend and his hearing in the war, the pain of which is excruciating. 

Dennis is a mere shell of the man he used to be. His soul is empty and his eyes are lifeless. Only Tucker can bring him back to life, as he knows the pain on a personal level.

The Alzheimer story is well written, with a whole lot of knowledge, love and compassion. It's written in great detail and causes so much pain that's it had me wanting to cry many times.

My favorite parts are the romantic love scenes. As both men are exploring gay sex for the first time, these scenes are tender, and passionate. I love that their deep love on a friendship level leads to more. These men are brought together in a natural manner, and decide to go with their budding feelings. Their love for each other is there long before their attractions start.

My favorite sentiment is that there's beauty in finding someone who loves you when you can't even love yourself. So true. 


Dennis and Tucker are survivors, who endure a long, hard-fought road to find their happily ever after.  They have a complicated journey on which they find peace and love. They have to deal with a sick mother, a homophobic brother, and more, in addition to their own issues with each other.
From War To Forever is a tale of learning how to find your own happiness, as you can't depend on someone else to make you happy. It's a complex and steamy Gay For You romance. Not only do Dennis and Tucker find a second chance at love, they also get a second chance at life. I absolutely love this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...