Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Deke (Fake Boyfriend #3) by Eden Finley -








Blurb


Ollie

Word of advice: don’t come out to random guys in public restrooms. Even if they’re charming and adorably nerdy and offer to help.

My family believe I can’t be happy if I’m not out to the world. I have a bitter ex-boyfriend and an unstable NHL career to show for it. A fake boyfriend seems like an easy and quick solution to get my family off my back, and this guy is volunteering. I take him up on it without asking his name.

I really should’ve asked for his name.

Lennon

Word of advice: learn how to introduce yourself properly.

In my defense, I don’t recognize Ollie Strömberg right away. I cover football, not hockey.

I’m not supposed to see him again, and he’s never supposed to find out I’m a reporter.

That all changes when my editor reassigns me.

It’s a lesson I should’ve learned by now. Nothing’s changed since high school. Jocks still hate nerds. But even worse, athletes hate journalists. Especially ones who know their secret.

*Deke is a full-length MM novel with a HFN/HEA and no cliffhanger*


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Eden Finley's Deke is a riveting sports romance.

I immediately fell in love with this story. It starts with a fake relationship, and then becomes so much more. 

It's a fast, funny and satisfying story revolving around the issue of being closeted versus out in the sports world. I especially appreciate the way that Ollie's family is portrayed, and the lessons they learn along the way. 

Lennon's understanding of the difficulty of being an out and proud sports star is tremendous and realistic, adding so much to this wonderful tale. I could completely understand and sympathize with both men. Both are written in detail, and developed well, allowing us to truly make sense of what makes them tick. They're both likeable characters, who have depth and good personalities. 

Eden Finley is one of my go-to M/M romance authors, and with Deke, she continues to justify this status. Definitely check it out if you like athletes falling in love, and their struggles with coming out of the closet. It's an intriguing story of an NHL player and a sports reporter trying to fit into one another's world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...