Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink #4) by K.M. Neuhold







Blurb

“I was sure my heart had withered away years ago, but then you smiled at me, and I felt it beat again.” ~Gage
Years ago, I fell in love with my best friend’s little brother. Then, he took his own life, leaving me shattered and unable to piece my heart back together. I’ve been a zombie for nine long years. Until a crazy, gorgeous man walked into Heathens Ink and injected color back into my world of gray. No matter how hard I try to resist Beck, he just won’t give up on me. I would need steel willpower to withstand his gorgeous long legs in those high heels and his drawer full of lacy lingerie. But is this just a kinky hook up or does it have the possibility for more?

“We’re both broken, but our jagged edges fit together well” ~ Beck
When you’re half of a whole you never contemplate what life would be like without your matching piece. Since my twin sister, Brianna, died last year, nothing I do seems to quiet my soul. I know there has to be some way for me to feel happy and whole again. And, when I look into the pained eyes of the tattoo artist at Heathens Ink, I feel like I have a purpose. I can’t explain it, but I feel like I have to find a way to put him back together.


**Shattered Pieces is the fourth book in the Heathens Ink series, each book in the series CAN be read as a standalone.



Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Shattered Pieces, the fourth book in KM Neuhold's Heathens Ink series is phenomenal! I am so excited to finally get to read Gage's story.

Both Gage and Beck are extremely broken men, after each lost the person that meant the world to them. Gage has been drowning since losing his boyfriend, Johnny, nine years ago. He's a lost soul, full of guilt and grief. Meanwhile, Beck lost his twin sister a year ago and is struggling to move forward.

If these men aren't already absolutely endearing, I love them even more for their characteristics. Gabe is a tattoo artist with pink hair, and Beck is a sassy femme man who loves to wear heels, make-up, lace and stockings. Unfortunately, most of the time he's stuck dressing professionally for his job as a lawyer. Love them!

How can you not love a man who bedazzles?

I love the relationship that forms between these two men, and they way they help each other. Beck struggles with the vast difference between his job and his dreams. It's extra special the way that Gabe and Beck are able to inspire each other and bring each other back to the land of the living. 

Of course, KM Neuhold infuses so much extra emotion into this story, as she is fantastic with her ability to write a story. The characters are well developed, with a whole lot of understanding and heart. Her tales are heartfelt, sexy and full of meaning. And, I love that she writes in alternating first person!

If you haven't read the Heathens Ink series yet, do yourself a favor and start now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...