Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Whiskey Throttle by Riley Hart








Blurb

Lincoln
I’ve done a good job getting over my past. I’m not only proud of who I am, but revel in it. Still, I don’t let myself get too close to people. With closeness comes questions and those pesky feelings, and I’m having none of that. I’ve got a great job, friends, I’m cute and twinky, and my bed’s never empty. What more do I need? Except I can’t stop sleeping with Rush Alexander. I try, I really do, but I just can’t stay away, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is stressing me out. Rush has the power to hurt me—something I swore I’d never let happen again. Unfortunately, things become a little more complicated when I tell a white lie that lands me in a fake relationship with him. Yeah, not my best moment.

Rush
I’ve always been an easygoing guy and don’t let many things get to me. I’ve worked hard to make my dream of becoming a professional motocross racer come true, and everything else is icing on the cake. Like Lincoln Gray, for example. I need to tread carefully, even though I want more from him than our occasional hookups. If I give what we have too much throttle, we’ll crash and burn. But when Linc accidentally announces we’re boyfriends in front of my mom, the race is on. First, I have to show him there’s more between us than the way we burn up the sheets together. When Linc finally trusts me in ways he doesn’t anyone else, there’s no turning back. I’m a firm believer that nothing worth having comes easily, and Lincoln Gray is worth it all.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

lt shouldn't come as any surprise, but damn, I love this book. Whiskey Throttle, by Riley Hart, is a stunning friends to lovers romance.

One thing that sets this story apart from most friends to lovers story is that Lincoln and Rush are friends with benefits at the beginning of the book. Downright hot together, the two break things off at Linc's request when he feels they're getting too close.

The feelings of each man are deeply developed, drawing the reader right into their emotions. Lincoln's fear is deeply rooted, leaving him unable to commit to anyone, setting up the basis for this story.

As for Rush, he's long been in love with Linc, and is willing to wait for Linc to be ready. Swoon. I just love and adore Rush. And it's downright tender and inspiring the way he helps Linc to believe in himself, as well as in love.

"You make me vulnerable, Rush Alexander, and I don't like it. I don't like it at all."

Their story is hot, the emotions are high, and the chemistry is off the charts. I love the depth of these men, the depth of their friendship, and the depth of their bond. They balance one another so damn well, each are just perfect together.

Their relationship includes insecurities and family drama. There's plenty of good angst and fantastic character growth from beginning to end.

In usual Riley Hart fashion, Whiskey Throttle is a wonderfully emotional romance. Set in the world of Riley Hart and Devon's McCormick's Fever Falls series, it is just perfectly emotional and enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...