Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Heart Dealer (Individualists #2) by C.S. Joyce







Blurb

Alexander Brown:

As an art dealer, I’ve learnt that everything and everyone has a price. Months away from my fiftieth birthday, I’ve resigned myself to being alone: I need nothing more than my work to be happy.
At least I thought I didn’t want anyone in my life... until a fortuitous meeting with a young artist has me questioning just how happy I really am. And now I’m craving things I thought I’d closed my heart to. Charlie is so full of light and possibility, it’s as if he was made for me.
There’s just one problem: he’s half my age.

Charlie Delaney:

As an artist, I’m used to running out of things: paint supplies, canvas, food, money, and patience. The life of a starving artist has turned out a little more real than I would have liked. As if being broke wasn’t bad enough, now I’m practically homeless. But nothing can deter me from my dreams. I just need to get a lucky break.
Running into a wealthy art dealer was beyond serendipitous. With Alex’s help, my career might finally take off. But when sparks fly between us, business is the last thing on my mind. Alex is so stoic and strong, it’s like he’s the safe place I’ve been searching for.
There’s just one problem: he’s twice my age.

Alexander and Charlie live in different worlds, where more than age separates them. Can a wealthy art dealer and a homeless artist make a life together?

The Heart Dealer is an Age-Gap MM Romance which is part of The Individualists series. Featuring one silver fox, one young and idealistic artist, and the deal of a lifetime.


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!

CS Joyce's The Heart Dealer is a fun May to December romance, as well as a beautiful tale of unexpected love.

Wow, I love Charlie and Alex. Both man bring plenty of past pain to the relationship. Not only are the men in different times in their lives with their age difference, but they also have financial differences. They certainly don't belong together according to society, they damn, they are great together. This part is so wonderfully developed and explored. 

Their romance is an insta-love story, so skip this one if that's not your thing. It's also a story of pain and loss, with Alex struggling to allow Charlie into his life. A previous loss has left him broken and unable to move forward. This is a story of allowing oneself a second chance at love and facing one's fears. It's inspiring as Charlie makes Alex feel again, and gives everything meaning.

As for the title, I find it fun, as it's a cute play on words, as Alex is an art dealer.

The Heart Dealer is definitely a good read. CS Joyce's writing is entertaining, nurturing, and tender. This slow burn romance took me on a memorable emotional journey.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...