Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Last Text by Alice Winters







Blurb

Happy Birthday, Daniel. I was told not to send you another text, but I never was any good at listening. I love and miss you. I always will.

When I lost my partner of eight years, I felt like my world was crashing down around me. In order to feel some relief from the overwhelming emptiness, I’ve found myself sending him texts every year on his birthday, even though I know he will never answer. It makes me feel like there’s a piece of him still alive, at least in my heart.

I’m sorry, you must have the wrong number.

That is, until someone responds to my text. Jace is charming, sweet, and everything I could ever want. But how can I accept someone new in my life when Daniel’s only been gone two years? Even so, Jace starts to consume my world. It feels like I can finally breathe as he helps me understand that my life doesn’t have to revolve around my grief.

Soon, I find myself laughing again as he pulls me away from the hopeless cycle I’ve been caught in, and I love spending time with him, whether it’s playing video games together or discussing our comic book alter egos. But I still need to let go of this guilt and allow Jace to show me that I can love another without replacing what I’ve lost. Jace rewrites my entire world with every word and smile he gives me, and it’s becoming harder to not give in and hand him my heart. Maybe Daniel did respond after all.

The Last Text is a 37k word novella about overcoming loss, finding hope, and friendship that leads to new love.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


Damn! Alice Winter's The Last Text is an amazing story. A beautiful story of loss, grief, and healing, I was immediately drawn into Merrick's emotions.

After losing his boyfriend Merrick's drowning in his grief, unable to even think about moving forward. I expected a great story, as I love Alice Winter's writing, but this is move than I could have ever imagined.

I could feel every second of Merrick's pain, both in it's depth and it's power. Yet, as much as I feel his pain, I'm impressed with the light that Jace brings into his life. Not only does Jace help pull Merrick out of his pain, he also brings friendship, humor, and love back into his life.

If you've read this author before, you're well versed with her extreme talent at bringing humor into any situation. In this gem, she once again impresses and amazes with her ability to entwine so much humor into such a deep and strong story of lose and depression.

As for the storyline, holy crap, it's tough to explain how superb this one is. The way Merrick and Jace meet is unique, and the following relationship is well developed and full of emotion.

The Last Text is a phenomenal tale of a second chance at love. Alice Winters gifts us with this powerful story of overcoming loss through the power of a new friendship. This story is will take you on an emotional rollercoaster which will have you reading late into the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...