Saturday, May 4, 2019

Catching Chance (Gilcrest University Guys, #2) by M.E. Parker







Blurb

What happens when you suddenly get everything you ever wanted?
First, you don’t believe it’s real.
Then you want more…
Let’s be honest, gay nerds from small towns in North Carolina don’t get to date the hot, popular quarterback. It’s just one of those impregnable laws of nature. Even if he was my best friend growing up. Even if it turns out by some miracle that he’s gay too. So, forgive me if I was a bit skeptical when Chance Wyrick asked me to be his boyfriend. That sort of thing just doesn’t happen in real life.
Sure, he has only shared his secret with me. And yeah, we’ve been fooling around for a few weeks. But again, let’s be honest, who else does he have to fool around with? He has to keep his secret. I’m safe. I’m just the first guy he’s ever fooled around with.
I’ve been in love with him for almost as long as I can remember. I’ve fantasized about what it would be like to be his boyfriend. So, when he asked, of course I said yes. It doesn’t matter that he’s not out. It doesn’t matter that it has to be secret. It doesn’t matter that I have to pretend. All that matters is that he asked me to be his boyfriend and that I said yes.
That’s what I was thinking the day Chance Wyrick asked me to be his boyfriend. Everything was fine until it wasn’t. Everything was fine until I wanted more …
Catching Chance is the second book in the Gilcrest University Guys series. It’s a full-length, “friends to lovers” romance novel. It has “coming out” and “first-time gay” themes, is stocked full of STEAM, heartache, and laughter, and it has a guaranteed happily ever after ending. The series will follow the love stories of four college friends. Catching Chance is the second of two books that concludes Andy and Chance’s love story. It can be read as a standalone, but if you want to follow Andy and Chance’s journey from the beginning, start with Book One, Chasing Chance. Look for book three, Resisting Rein (Cam’s story), to come out early this summer!


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!



Catching Chance is a fantastic sequel to Chasing Chance. I love this story. Now a couple, Chance and Andy still have a lot to deal with. 

Chance is closeted, which bothers both men, yet the fear of coming out is huge. This is personally one of my favorite storylines, as I just adore closeted athletes dealing with coming out. The fear is real. And the strength required to come out is real. Always a good plotline, this one definitely succeeds as a worthwhile read. 

The relationship between the men's moms is amazing. They're supportive, loving, and funny. The moments with them are wonderful, funny, and charming.

And of course I love Chance and Andy together. Their love is strong, beautiful, and built up over a lifetime together. I adore the depth of their friendship, and the strength of their love.

Catching Chance is a fantastic friends to lovers romance, with all the emotions throughout. This ME Parker gem is absolutely a must-read-in-one-sitting book for me. Hopefully we'll see more books in this world, as there's definitely a lot of potential for storylines.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...