Saturday, July 7, 2018

The President's Husband by Michael Murphy






Blurb


When an assassin’s bullet strikes his predecessor, Grayson Alexander becomes the first openly gay President of the United States and his husband, David Hammond, becomes the first openly gay First Husband. With their world turned upside down, David relies on his career as a medical school professor and ER doctor to keep him grounded. But his decision to keep working ruffles feathers from day one.

Gray throws himself into learning everything he needs to know to be President, especially a liberal president surrounded by a conservative cabinet and staff. Even though he puts in outrageous hours working and traveling seven days a week month after month, he’s happy. But David has trouble coping with Gray’s new job requirements. He can’t help but feel abandoned by his husband of ten years.

When Gray asks for his help with a public-health crisis, David obliges, but he is furious about what happens once the emergency passes. When they learn that the President’s staff has manipulated them both, they wonder if their relationship can survive the White House.
 





REVIEW
My Rating -  5 Stars!

The President's Husband is an intriguing and compelling read by Michael Moore. My only complaint is that I waited so long to read it.

From the very first page, I found myself completely hooked and could not put the book down.

When Gray is elected Vice President, he never expects to become President. When he is instantly thrown into that role, he has a lot to learn, and his whole life is about to change.

The story is told from Gray's husband, David's point of view. As much as things change for Gray, David is the one who is feeling the effects of these changes.Things are not easy for the couple, as Gray is suddenly never available to see David, let alone even talk to him.

As time goes on they discover that one of the staff is manipulating them and purposely keeping them apart, and decisions need to be made. If their marriage is to survive, some major changes will need to happen.

I love this story, and felt like I was experiencing everything along with David. I was sad, I was angry, I rooted for them and I cried for them. The entire book is so gripping, and so damn well written. It is such an emotional roller-coaster, full of angst, misunderstandings, deception and love.

I am absolutely blown away by how much I enjoyed The President's Husband. As this is my first time reading Michael Moore's work, I will definitely be checking out his other books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...