Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Only Keep You (Only Colorado #4) by JD Chambers





Blurb

"At this point, I'm starting to think that if I don't feel something for someone soon, that the notion of sparks will go the way of the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus."

David Taylor just wants to belong. After a childhood of being the perfect son in an attempt to receive the acceptance he so craved, he has finally started living the life he wants. Maybe that means dating men as well as women. Maybe it even means exploring something a little outside the norm, but that fills him with a comfort and completeness he never thought possible.

"I like casual, no-strings sex as much as any man. But in those rare moments when I actually allow myself to wish, I will acknowledge that it might be nice to have a man to come home to."

Arthur Yuen loves men and has a merit badge in flirting to prove it. He also has a big mouth, as evidenced by him calling an adorable stranger "puppy" while at work one day. Who knew his slip would set off a chain of events that brings the two men together in a way neither would have imagined possible?

As Dave and Arthur explore a relationship that includes puppy play, they learn as much about themselves as they do each other. The two men discover a companionship that seems to be a perfect fit until tragedy strikes, and it will take every scrap of determination and understanding to keep their relationship going.





REVIEW
My Rating - 5 stars!


Only Keep You is the 4th book in JD Chamber's Only Colorado Series. I love this series, but I have to admit this one is way more than I was expecting.

David and Arthur are the center of this story. Arthur can't resist calling David Pup during a stressful exchange. This little slip of the tongue leads to more than either man could have expected. 

Arthur learns about being a puppy master, and these two men begin to explore a relationship that includes puppy play. Their relationship becomes very strong and meaningful for both men.

This is the first time I have read such a detailed puppy play relationship. And I love it. I am happy for David that being a puppy allows him to tune out the thoughts going around in his mind constantly. 

Of course, things will not be easy for David and Arthur. They will have to fight to be together. 

I love David. He is a beautiful character, who grew up with a very controlled childhood. I admire his strength to get away from his family and start exploring what he really wants in life. Through his relationship with Arthur, he finds his true self, a man way stronger than he ever thought he could be.  

Honestly, I really love Only Keep You. I appreciate that there is so much going on in the story. JD Chambers does a fantastic job of interweaving a lot of events into this romance. It is a memorable book for sure! I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...