Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Changing Tides by KA Sands





Blurb:


Twenty six years.

Nine thousand, four hundred and ninety days.

Every hour, a relief.

I’m a thug. A pusher. A low life. Governed by the hand that feeds me and holds my sister against me. I am named ‘Gripp’ for good reason. Every breath I take is one I hold dear, for my life dictates a short span.

I hit on women to save face, while I screw men in back alleyways to hide. My brazen attempt to seduce my sister’s best friend fell short, leaving me spiralling out of control. I’m not good enough for Ayden Rinaldi, but it doesn’t mean I’m not going to try.

I want him with a passion I have never felt before.

The chips are stacked against me, against us. The muddy waters I tread, taint all who come near. On bended knees, my world finally rips itself apart, leaving me sinking to the bottom of my black existence. In death’s darkest hour, I am lost, Ayden a shadow of the man he once was.

But he is my anchor.
I am his.

And we must swim these choppy waters before they drown us.

Please note that Changing Tides has instances of m/f scenes which are integral to the plot and the character of the main MC. It is not possible to tell this story without these scenes.

Twists and turns abound in K A Sands first M/M novel. An interconnected standalone full of action, suspense and toe-curling heat. You’d be a fool not to read! Please be aware, this book contains distressing and mature themes and you must be 18+ to read.






REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Changing Tides is one of those rare books that comes along and grips you down to your soul. KC Sands manages to create an action packed tale where two different worlds collide and will never be the same again. This book will grab your attention and never let go.

Gripp, aka Shaun, is a thug. He's a drug dealer who is watching his world collapse around him. But meeting Ayden makes him reassess his life. He falls in love with Ayden and wants to be better for him.

As much as their two lives are so vastly different, their worlds are strangely intertwined.

It is a powerful story of love and what one will do for those they love. It can assume you that it is not a light-hearted read. The content is heavy and difficult to read at times.

Even is you find someone you love,  someone for who you want to be a better person, someone for who you find yourself needing to be a better person, changing your life isn't always going to be easy.

When you work for a drug dealer, all stops will be pulled out trying to keep you on your current path. There will be consequences. And how do you move on? How do you help the others in your life to move on? If they can all survive, it won't be easy. But if you have enough desire, you will keep fighting.

Changing Tides leaves me absolutely gutted. It takes one on a complete and utter emotional journey. One that I cannot recommend highly enough.  KA Sand's first M/M novel is pure brilliance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...