Wednesday, September 12, 2018

GRL 2018 SPOTLIGHT - KM Neuhold - Flash Me (Heathen's Ink #7)

In my attempt to cover some of the attending authors for this year's GRL,
I am reviewing 

KM Neuhold's Flash Me!







BLURB


Love is multiplied, never divided 
Liam
I was kicked out at sixteen for being transgender, but it turned out to be one of the best things to ever happen to me. At twenty-one, I have a fantastic new family made up of my brother and a handful of wonderful friends, I own my own photography business, and I’m happier than I imagined possible. There’s just one thing missing… Okay, maybe two…


Wyatt
When I took the position volunteering as a therapist at Rainbow House, I knew I’d found my place in the world: helping teens who had been rejected by their families. What I didn’t expect was the friendship I formed with Liam or how it would grow over the years into a crush I just couldn’t shake. I’m happy to see him finally opening himself up to dating with someone he trusts like Owen. But when he comes to me and asks if I can help his boyfriend, I feel like there’s more to the request than just a few therapy sessions. The more I get to know Owen, the more I like him, too.

Owen
I’m not sure why I believe so much in fate when she’s dealt me nothing but crappy hands—a stint in prison and enough childhood horrors to fuel all my adult nightmares. But I still hold on to the idea that everything happens for a reason. What I can’t figure out is why fate would plop me naked into Liam’s bed under the pretext of helping him with a photo series for a gallery showing. Or why my stomach goes funny every time he smiles at me. Liam is too sweet to be exposed to my demons, but I don’t know how to protect him…Maybe that’s why fate gave us Wyatt.

***This is the seventh book in the Heathens Ink series. Each book in the series CAN be read as a stand-alone, but characters do re-occur so it’s more fun to read them all!



REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

I decided to read KM Neuhold' Watch Me, which is the 7th book in her Heathen's Ink series, despite not having read the others yet. And boy am I glad I did.

This book is amazing! It contains a developing menage that is fantastic. Liam is transgender and has been in love with his brother's best friend, Owen for years. Wyatt is Liam's best friend, who secretly crushes on him.

All three men have issues to overcome, which makes the story touching and compelling. Liam has issues with baring himself to someone since he's transgender, terrified of the comments he'll receive. Owen struggles with PTSD and his lack of self worth. And Wyatt can't ever imagine being in a poly relationship, as he grew up within a poly family and hated the jealousy that existed between all involved.

There are quite a few things that I find extra sweet in this book. The transgender side of Liam's story is accomplished. Owen's past issues are heartbreaking and well developed.  And Wyatt's past experiences are unexpected yet impressively written. 

I found the fact that Liam wants to be in a polyamorous relationship, instead of  it just developing naturally, to be unexpected yet superb. It's impressive to hear Liam talk about the benefits and beauty of being in a poly relationship.  

And, oh my god, I love that Liam asks Wyatt to counsel Owen, thus bringing them closer. It is just so perfectly done.

Flash Me is beautifully written, with understanding, compassion, and knowledge and has left me excited to read the rest of this series by KM Neuhold. It also has me shocked that I waited so long to discover this gem of a series. 


KM Neuhold


K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.  


Website

Twitter










No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...