Saturday, September 8, 2018

GRL 2018 SPOTLIGHT - Annabella Michaels - Written On My Heart (My Heart Series #1)

In my attempt to cover some of the attending authors for this year's GRL,
I am reviewing
Annabelle Michael's Written On My Heart !







Released August 26, 2018


BLURB


Garrett Sullivan’s heart was broken when he learned that the man he was secretly in love with, his best friend, Akio, was head over heels for someone else. Romance writer by trade, starry-eyed dreamer by design, Garrett leaves Chicago to mend his broken heart. After months of wallowing in his own misery, Garrett barely recognizes himself anymore. With only two weeks until he has to return home, he sets off for the beautiful island of Maui, hoping the sand, sea and sun will help him pull himself together.
Dean Wilder has worked very hard to become a household name and for his roles as a leading man in the biggest action films to grace the big screen. Considered one of Hollywood’s sexiest bachelors, Dean has had a string of meaningless relationships. The only thing his past partners have taken seriously are his fame, his fortune and the status they gain by being his plus one. Fed up with playing unfulfilling characters, frustrated and tired of being alone, he longs for serious film roles and a meaningful relationship. Desperate for a break, Dean sets off for his vacation home along a private stretch of beach in Maui.
Sparks fly when Garrett and Dean see each other for the first time, and after a wild night of passion, they agree to spend their vacations together, exploring the island and each other. But what begins as a bit of harmless fun soon turns into so much more than either man bargained for, and they must face some difficult decisions; about their lives, their careers and their hearts.



REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Written on my Heart is an absolutely delightful and enchanting romance by Annabella Michaels.

It is a sweet and heart-warming story about Garrett and Dean, who meet during their time in Maui. They both were there seeking an escape from their lives. The attraction is instant, and what starts as a casual fling soon develops into a strong friendship and the desire for a real relationship.

This story is so special in the way they connect through revealing themselves to one another. Let's just say it's emotions, emotions and emotions!! But, they don't live near each other and vacation is ending. 

Their two weeks together change them forever. Dean pulls Garrett out of his shell, and shows him so much during their time together. And in return, Garrett shows him that not everyone likes him because he's famous. Going back home to separate places doesn't feel right, but can either man suggest more?

Written on my Heart is a beautiful discovery of true love, as it's tender, nurturing and passionate. Annabella Michaels has created a feel good romance at it's finest, one that will be added to my "re-read often" list.









Annabella Michaels

“ As a kid I loved reading books that let you choose your own ending. As an author I get to create the whole story. Writing allows me to tap into a form of creativity I didn't know existed. ” Annabella 

I am married to my high school sweetheart who let's face it, is a saint for putting up with me all of these years. Together we have been blessed with the chance to raise two amazing human beings and so far we haven't screwed it up; I'll let you know for sure later. I am a business owner and spend more time laughing than actually working most days. I love watching movies, cooking, going to the beach and spending time with my family and best friends. I am an obsessive reader who is a complete sucker for a good love story, but loves to feel a broad range of emotions throughout a book. I think real life is hard enough and so my books offer twists and turns, but always with a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...