Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Chasing Heat by Jason Collins






Amazon Link
Goodreads Link


BLURB


CHASE:Yes, he’s straight. But who can blame me for lusting after a hunky firefighter?

I never meant to set fire to my bar, I swear. Lucky for me, it meant I got to meet Jackson. As far as rugged firemen go, this one is a mystery. He’s got a level head on his shoulders, and those shoulders are the kind I want to drape my legs around and never let go.

Except I can't fall for Jackson, no matter how sexy, brooding, and ripped he is. Not because I don't like firefighters (as if). Because I'm sure Jackson is straight.

I mean, I'm pretty sure.

But where there’s smoke, there’s sometimes fire. And if I didn’t know better, I’d think Jackson is burning white-hot for me. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s not into guys. He probably has a gorgeous girlfriend and zero interest in clumsy gay bartenders.

Right?

JACKSON:

I carry plenty of guys out of fires, but Chase is the first one I don’t want to put down.

Nonetheless, I have to stay focused. It takes hard work and relentless dedication to keep myself at the level of physical fitness required to do my job. I don’t have time for a hot fling, and I definitely don’t have time to question my attraction to another man.

Still, I can’t stop thinking about him. I can’t help myself.

Adorably clumsy and sexy as hell, Chase is a mystery.

He says he wants to thank me for rescuing him from the fire. I know how he can thank me alright. His lips on mine, our bodies pressed together… That’s what I want from Chase.

It doesn’t help that my boss at the firehouse seems to think I’m perfect for his daughter. She’s friendly, but the spark just isn’t there.

She's not my type. Chase is.

This is the first time I don’t want to put out the fire…I want to let the flames grow.

Note to readers: This is an extra spicy MM romance. Readers can expect two red-hot men and several steamy scenes that will leave you gasping.


REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Chasing Heat, by Jason Collins, is a wonderful romance!

When Jackson and Chase meet, the sparks fly, both literally and figuratively. What follows is a wonderful romance between the bartender and the fireman, as they navigate their way. 

There are some fun, entertaining, and serious issues that are in their way as their relationship progresses. They face their own hesitancy, an alcoholic mother, and more.

The plot is well written, the characters well developed, and the romance is passionate as well as tender. These two men perfectly support each other, as they may be different but their differences work.

I am impressed with the way that alcoholism was handled, with knowledge, care and compassion. It wasn't an easy thing to read, but it was perfectly handled.

Jason Collins has once again impressed me. Chasing Heat will definitely be on my re-read list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...