Monday, September 24, 2018

GRL 2018 SPOTLIGHT - Rebecca James - The Ballerino and the Biker (The Hedonist #1)

In my attempt to cover some of the attending authors for this year's GRL,
I am reviewing 

The Ballerino and The Biker!







BLURB


Warning: This book contains a scene of mild assault and battery.
Most of his young life, Morgan Wentworth has dreamed of becoming a principal dancer in a prestigious corps de ballet. After years studying the art in Milan, Morgan comes home to New York City to apprentice with the Manhattan Ballet Company only to be hit by the unexpected death of his older brother, Jake. The grieving dancer learns his life is threatened by a dangerous rival motorcycle gang and that pierced, tattooed, HOT biker Zeke Ivers has been assigned by Jake’s MC to guard him. Saddled with the constant presence of the infuriating man, Morgan juggles the demands of an exhausting dance schedule as well as his new responsibilities as CEO of his family’s multi-million-dollar company. He never expects to develop an attraction for the straight, obnoxious biker, but that’s exactly what happens.
Estranged from an abusive family, Zeke Ivers has lived at the Sentinel’s club house and worked on cars since he was a teen. When fellow club member Jake Wentworth and a rival club president’s girl are killed on Jake’s bike, the Sentinel’s president delegates the protection of Jake’s little brother, Morgan, to Zeke. Zeke would do anything for the club that pulled him off the streets, but Morgan’s a ballet dancer, for Christ’s sake, as well as annoying as hell. Still, Zeke finds himself inexplicably drawn to the young man. The more attracted Zeke becomes to Morgan, the more the biker is forced to examine his sexuality and decide whether two people from opposite sides of the tracks could possibly have a future together, or if Zeke should do what is fast becoming too painful to consider: let Morgan go.



REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!

In my attempts to read new-to-me GRL Authors, I finally read The Ballerino and the Biker. This Rebecca James gem has been sitting in my kindle for a while. Now I am left wondering why the heck I waited so long.

I adore this book! Morgan and Zeke meet when Zeke tries to kidnap Morgan, all in the means of protecting him. It’s a fun and entertaining meet. I love how Morgan reacts to this large stranger.

Morgan is just adorable. He’s had a tough life, is alone after losing his parents and brother, and now he’s in danger. With Zeke protecting him, the emotions run high. There are some extremely tough scenes, where he breaks down, and you can feel his pain jumping off the page.

And Zeke. I love Zeke. It’s sweet the way he handles Morgan, and even better when he starts to realize the chemistry between him and Morgan.

They have some things they’ll need to deal with before they can be together though, including family issues, a homophobic father, the gang after Morgan, and a crazy stalker.

I am thrilled to have finally read this fantastic story. Now I’m on to book 2 in this Rebecca James series!


Rebecca James


I've always loved to write and have written since I was a child, usually to entertain my family. I enjoy writing m/m romance because there's nothing hotter than two men in a loving relationship. I write contemporary romance but am not limited to that. I enjoy writing alpha/omega and vampire stories, and I wouldn't rule other things out. I'm very prolific, so look for a lot of things to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...