Saturday, May 2, 2020

Daddy Ink (Get Ink'd #1) by Ali Lyda




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





He’s raising a baby, not looking for love …

I don’t want a serious relationship, and certainly not with the single dad next door. But one look at Gordo? I’m smitten. Even though I might be a tough looking tattoo artist, I know that the ink does a lot to hide my own insecurities. It doesn’t matter how much Gordo seems to like me - I can’t bring myself to make a move.

Talking has never come easy to me - and I mean that literally. But Gordo doesn’t seem fazed by my speech problems or the mess in my head, and soon we’re forming a deep connection. But I learned a long time ago that nothing lasts forever … and when a blast from Gordo’s past shows up, it proves that everything was too good to be true.

At least, that’s what the old me would say. This time, I know that Gordo and his little baby are worth fighting for. I’m willing to walk through fire to get what I want. But can a tattoo artist with a checkered past really be any guy’s happily ever after?

Daddy Ink is the first of the Get Ink’d m/m romance series. The Get Ink’d crew are misfits from all walks of life who come together to create amazing art. They’re a family born of love, loss, and ink. In this first in series, ambitious single dad Gordo has met his match in heavily inked Javi, and sparks are ready to fly.






My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Daddy Ink, the first book in the Get Ink'd series, is a beautiful hurt/comfort and neighbor romance. I found myself sucked into the writing style from the start. 

Gordie's a single dad who's struggling with those early newborn days (and nights.) It doesn't help that his neighbor keeps throwing loud parties. 

Oh, Gordie and Javi's first meeting is awesome, definitely entertaining to the reader, but confusing to Gordie. What follows is a fun journey full of awkward times and attraction, fears and hesitation. And a whole lot of character growth!

Ends up his neighbor Javi isn't anything like Gordie is expecting. Javi's a tattoo artist who doesn't talk much because of a severe stutter. His entire life has been shaped by this speech impediment.  

I love these two complex men. Gordie's a man who has been burnt by his ex and is struggling to open his heart again. And then there's Javi. My heart instantly went out to the vulnerable Javi. He's been a victim of bullying,  he volunteers teaching ASL, and his backstory is horrible. But in the end, it's so beautiful how he naturally knows what to do with the baby and easily steps in to help the exhausted new dad. 

Yes, I fell hard for Gordie. And I guarantee you will too!

Written in alternating 1st person pov, the reader is fully brought into the characters' heads. Every doubt and fear, every moment of attraction and want, every single feeling is well developed. I couldn't put this book down.   

Daddy Ink is an complex, yet adorably sweet story with a sweet ending. Everything about this Ali Lyda book worked well for me and I look forward to seeing what the future books in this series are like.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...