Friday, May 8, 2020

Second Act (His Chance #1) by Alexa Land



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





After pursuing my big break in Hollywood for more than a decade, I’ve finally landed the role of a lifetime. The only downside--it happened just as sweet, gorgeous Lorenzo and I were taking the first tentative steps from friendship to so much more. Our brand-new relationship barely had a chance to get off the ground, and now the pressures of my new-found success are coming at us from every angle.

Can I really have it all? Or will chasing fame and fortune end up costing me the man of my dreams?

This age gap, opposites attract gay romance begins the brand new His Chance Series. It’s set in the same world as Alexa Land’s Firsts and Forever and Castaways Series, but you don’t need to be familiar with any of those books to enjoy this one.





My Rating - 5 Stars!


Second Act is a wonderful romance by Alexa Land. The start of the His Chance series, it is every bit as charming as her other books. 

This book is everything I love about Alexa Land's stories. Will and Lorie are real, flawed, and lovable. The character growth is a huge part of their journey. And the end result is finding love. Real love. Like her past couples, this is a couple the reader firmly believes in, knows belongs together, and has faith they will always be together. 

One of the profound things I take away from this tale is that when we accept that dreams change, one can achieve all their dreams. I love this and completely agree. 

The movie aspect is well done. Just suspend belief on some things and enjoy it the liberties the author takes. It's a romance. Enjoy the romance.


Their story includes family issues and an age gap. It's an angst free read, full of plenty of charm, humor, and romance.

My favorite scene is the scrapbook. So many tears. Just beautiful.  It's truly a beautiful scene.

Second Act is heart-felt and beautiful. And oh, what a wonderful ending! I can't praise this Alexa Land book enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...