Sunday, June 28, 2020

Finding You (Voice Out, #1) by Stella Rainbow



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





𝗟𝘂𝗸𝗲

It has been a year since I escaped my three years of hell. Twelve months, and yet I felt just as broken as I had all those months ago. I had a job now, a home and people who cared about me, and yet I was all alone in this darkness that surrounded me. My past haunted me day and night and there was no one who could protect me from it.

Until I met Scott.


𝗦𝗰𝗼𝘁𝘁

Losing every person I loved one after the other made me realise just how much loving someone could hurt. Without even realising, I made a decision to never love another person again, lest I lost them too. For years, my life revolved around studying and then working and the only person I was close to was my best friend, who wouldn't leave me alone, no matter what I tried. I was content to stay alone.

Until I met Luke.

𝘈 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵. 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭? 𝘖𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳?

(Finding You is a hurt/comfort gay romance full of angst, sweet cuddles and a three-legged kitten you can't help but fall in love with. Finding You is the first book in the Voice Out series, but it can be read as a standalone and has a definite HEA.)

Trigger Warnings: Mention of past abuse, brief description of past physical and sexual abuse, incident of self-harm.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Finding You, the first book in Stella Rainbow's Voice Out Series is a fabulous roommates romance.

Luke and Scott's first meeting sets off something. These are two men who struggle with friendships. Luke struggles to trust people, but he senses he can trust Scott from the get go. Meanwhile, Scott has always been alone and wants a friend.

This is a story with Harry Potter books, and a lot of sweet, calming moments. The beginning of their friendship is extremely sweet.  

It's a story with ex abuse, trauma, and PTSD. Luke is a broken man. When the reader finally learns the depth of his pain, it is heart wrenching. It's definitely way more than I was expecting. His past also includes self harm which is written with care.

I love the smooth writing style. Written in alternating first person pov, the author brings the reader into the characters' feelings perfectly. Every thought, every look, is wonderfully brought to life. The author skims over a lot of the details, which is annoying at times, but works fine overall.

Finding You is an amazing debt book by Stella Rainbow. I can't wait to see what the author comes up with next. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...