Monday, March 30, 2020

The Alpha's Fake Mate (The Omega Misfits #2) by Wendy Rathbone



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



Blurb

The Alphas think they own everything. Including people. Well, I’m here to say they don’t own me, and I will never let one of those bastards touch me again.

The frenzy of their Burn cannot be trusted. I know from experience. My first time with an Alpha nearly ended in my death. And because of the laws which favor Alpha rights, and place a large number of unbonded, adult Omegas on chattel farms, my abuser can never be tried for his crimes against me.

Omegas are being hurt. Omegas are dying.

All Alphas are violent. Or so I believe. Until I meet Orion.

Ori is everything a guy could want in a mate. Six foot three. Beautiful brown wavy hair. Bright, dark eyes. Muscles like chiseled marble. He even says “please” and “thank you” at all the right times. He’s got it all, except he’s an Alpha.

Though he has given me a room in his home free of charge, and has signed fake paperwork saying we are bonded so I don’t have to answer my attacker’s claim, can I trust him?

But now I’m in danger. If I don’t take a real mate, my life as I know it will be over. Can I believe in the goodness of Ori? Can I learn to love again?

A non-shifter, fake mate, Alpha/Omega love story. Rescue. First time. Omegaverse. Mpreg. Healing from sexual trauma. (All books in The Omega Misfits series are standalone reads and can be read in any order.) 61k words.



Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Wendy Rathbone's The Alpha's Fake Mate is the second book in The Omega Misfits series. And damn, I loved it. 

This is a non-shifter mpreg story, revolving around omega farms, as Ori suddenly inherits his father's farm. Having never wanted anything to do with the farm, as he thinks it is horrific, he tours it, deciding maybe he can make things better for "his" omegas. 

Upon meeting Holland, he can't get the man out of his mind. Holland may be broken, but he's also tough and willing to fight back, even after being abused. The way he reacts to Ori is amazing. Ori's intrigued by the young omega, finding it refreshing that he stands up to him. What follows is a story of building trust and exercising that trust when at your lowest. 

I love these men; both the broken Holland and the intriguing Ori. Holland's background is horrific, but his unwavering strength is impressive. As the two start to gain respect for one another, their story takes on a life of it's own. I don't want to give anything away, but the tension is high, the danger is real, and the love is ever developing. 

The writing is great, flowing seamlessly, and the emotions are high. I could not put this book down, ending up reading it in one sitting.

The Alpha's Fake Mate is a riveting and creative read. This Wendy Rathbone story is well told and well worth a read. It's sweet and sexy and I absolutely fell in love with these men and their hard-fought journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...