Saturday, August 25, 2018

MF - Born To Achieve (Born #3) by AL Simpson





Amazon Link
Goodreads Link


Blurb

(First published as Born to Achieve on April 29 2016)


STEVE

I didn’t have the best of starts in life but, at seven years old everything changed.

My mother died from a drug overdose and I was taken in by Hamish, a man who loved me like no other had.

When he married Blossom, I found out what it was to have a real mother. A woman who loved me unconditionally. Nursed me through illness, laughed when I laughed and soothed me when I cried.

I’m an adult now with degrees in Social Work and Psychology. Now I’m back in the ’hood giving those who need it, my help.

It’s here I meet Keegan. A woman who will test me and turn my peaceful life upside down.


KEEGAN

I’ve been betrayed. I’m broken, lost the will to live, care about nothing and no-one.

I have no-one to turn to and nowhere to go. I risk living out on the streets at the mercy of criminals and gangs.

Then, I meet Steve, he steps up to help me. I have never known such kindness and caring. Slowly I learn to live and trust again.

Will fate intervene and tear the fledgling love they have for each other, apart?

Can Keegan survive the tragedy that befalls her at the hands of her two timing ex?

Published by Susan Horsnell t/a Cocky Romance Publishing




REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!




What can I say except, Steve!!! Introduced to us as Jonesy in Born To Sin, Steve is now grown up and we get his story in Born To Achieve. This Born Series by AL Simpson is addicting and I have been happily binging on them.

Now an adult, Steve works to help out people, especially those who are experiencing the issues he did as a child. "I want to be able to help improve lives. I care so much, and I want to show kids like those in the 'hood that there is a better way of life..." And this is what makes Steve so special! I loved him as young Jonesy, and now I love him even more.


So when he meets up with an angry young woman who's sitting in  the middle of traffic, he wants to help. That woman, Keegan, has not had an easy life, for sure. Abused by her uncle, and her now ex-boyfriend, she thinks it's normal. "We argued and fought, sometimes he even hit me, but that's normal. Right? All men do it when their partners annoy them."

Now, at the age of twenty, she's not only homeless, but also pregnant, without any money to her name. And Steve wants to help her.

These two have something special together. It is effortless in some ways, and groundbreaking for them in others.

One of the most fun things about this story is the nude beach and the complete openness about sex. We first read about that nude beach back in Born to Sin, and now Hamish's kids go often to the beach. Most families would not discuss their son's physical reactions to a woman the way this family does. It awkward, yet very funny.

Relationships are a key part of this story. In addition to the building relationship between Steve and Keegan, we also see the beautiful relationship between Blossom and Keegan. Blossom she is very open, supportive and loving towards Keegan. We also see Liam's relationship with his family, as he is jealous of all the love and praise that they give to Steve.


This story contains some difficult to read scenes, a tragedy, and some intense chemistry.

Steve and Blossom are an interesting mix of innocence as well as having grown up too quickly. I love the way AL Simpson crafted this part of the story, as it is well developed and very interesting.

Born To Achieve is written with genuineness, honesty, and relevance. It is a wonderful emotional ride as we follow along with this 3rd book of AL Simpson's Born Series. This book holds up to the wonderfulness of the rest of the series. 









Also Reviewed - 
Book 1 -  Born To Sin
Book 2 -  Born To Be Different

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...