Thursday, August 23, 2018

MF - Born To Sin (Born Series #1) by AL Simpson




Note: Born To Sin is primarily a MF romance, 
but contains some MM scenes


Amazon Link
Goodreads Link


Blurb

(First Published through another platform on January 10 2016)

HAMISH
I was born to an alcoholic mother and alcoholic, drug dealing father.
Not a good start to life for a young boy.
I was born to sin.
I've lied, cheated, assaulted, been an adulterer and stolen.
It's how one survives the 'hood'.
I have a reputation for being the 'bad boy', the use 'em and leave 'em type.
I have never spent the night with a woman and I have never brought a woman home.
We 'play' at her place and as soon as I'm done, I leave.
After fleeing my home at the age of thirteen and living on the streets - an option I found better than being with my parents, my life is turned around by an elderly lady.
I educate myself, become an award winning chef and return to the 'hood where I rent an apartment.
I love and care about no-one and nothing except my Harley Motorcycle.
It's here I met Jonesy and he takes my life in a whole new direction.

Along with Wade, a fellow chef and the only person I can trust, the pair teach me how to love. Not only myself, but others. 

BLOSSOM
I'm a wealthy Restaurateur thanks to an inheritance I received when my father passed.
I live in a penthouse apartment in the 'rich' part of the city.
Being pampered and spoiled all my life has turned me into a woman who sees something she wants and like a dog with a bone, I won't let go until it's mine.
I'm a winner.
I ALWAYS win.
I don't have relationships with men.
One night stands suit me just fine.
I can't trust it's me they want and not my money.
I meet Hamish by chance when I'm on the hunt for a new Head Chef.
He treats me like I'm not worth a second thought. I've never been treated this way and I decide at that moment, I will make Hamish mine.
Hamish has no interest in the pampered Blossom but for some reason she gets under his skin.
Then, something happens that makes him realize, he has fallen in love.
Will it be too late?

Will tragedy strike before he can hold her in his arms and confess his true feelings for her? 

Note: This is a complete stand alone novel with a HEA
Published by Susan Horsnell t/a Cocky Romance Publishing




REVIEW
My Rating - 5 Stars!



Born To Sin, book 1 in AL Simpson's Born Series, is one of those books that pulls you in and will leave up reading late into the night.

It is raw, real and gritty, as it follows chef Hamish as he finds true love and creates a family. Hamish was a boy of the streets, who grew up stealing in order to find food.

Now, as a successful chef, he takes care of Jonesy, who's mom doesn't feed him, or care for him in any way. Jonesy has become his life, as he is devoted to taking care of this young boy as best he can.

Then he meets Blossom, a rich restaurant owner who wants to poach him. He is not interested, as he's ultra loyal to his boss, but he can't dismiss her looks.

What follows is a mesmerizing story a different kinds of love.

Hamish and Wade made me tear up with their strong bond, complete trust of one another, and the amazing gift which Wade grants to Hamish.

Hamish and Jonesy also make me cry, as without each other, both their lives would not be the same. Their love for each other enriches both of their lives, and forever changes their paths. And I have to admit to smiling like a damn fool as Stevie (Jonesy's new name) is shown a new life and experiences things for the first time. This part is sweet, eye-opening, and refreshing!

Hamish and Blossom, two people who come from such different worlds, are wonderful together. They have so much to offer each other, and they are forever changed upon opening their hearts.

And then there's the gritty, tough subject matters - the toughness of the streets, the continued feelings of unworthiness that develops after growing up the streets, theft, attempted murder, and more.

Born To Sin will leave you feeling complete and satisfied. It has a wonderful happy ever after ending, after some tough scenes and some angst. And now I have to dive into the next book in the series! Thank you AL Simpson for this amazing book!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...