Thursday, January 21, 2021

Roll for Initiative (Table Topped #1) by Alex Silver




Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




If I discover one more passive aggressive sticky note detailing all the ways I’ve annoyed Paz today, I’m going to scream.

When Paz moved in, I thought I’d rolled a critical success in the roommate lottery. He’s just my type, into guys, and he works at my favorite cafe making the most heavenly chocolate confections I’ve ever tasted. Then the notes start, criticizing everything I do. Before I know it, he’s making my blood boil, and not in a sexy fun way.

With the holidays coming we’re both dealing with work stress, but at the rate we’re going I might just be the grinch who ruins Christmas by telling him to find another place to live.

Roll for Initiative is the first book in the Table Topped contemporary romance series featuring a group of tabletop RPG players who make video games for a living. M/M romance with a HEA, roommates to lovers, enemies to lovers.




My Rating - 3.5 Stars!

Roll for Initiative is the first book in the Table Topped series by Alex Silver.

Gui and Paz are new roommates who go from enemies to lovers in a short time. Some bickering and passive aggressive notes lead to some hot hate sex. I was totally turned off by this at first, but it's sweet in the end. It's cute how upset their jealousy and misunderstandings had them. And it's fun the way that having sex dropped their walls and had them treating one another with some respect. 

The pace at which they go from enemies to sharing a bed every night it definitely a weird thing, but who really cares I guess.

As for the gamer aspect, that's something that bores the hell out of me. I have no knowledge of gaming, so the details don't interest me. Luckily there isn't much of this, but starting the book with this scene had me not sure if I wanted to keep reading.

The writing is sharp and quick witted. The dialogue is well done and the pace is fast. Basically, it's 79 pages of a cute romance. 

Roll for Initiative is a short, quick roommates romance. There isn't much to this Alex Silver read, but it's good when you're in the mood for sweet and sugary.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...