Sunday, April 19, 2020

Alpha's Embrace (The Omega Misfits #3) by Wendy Rathbone



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link




I am Misha.

My name was given to me at birth by the doctor who delivered me. I have never known my parents. I live in a ten by ten space with one window, a sink and toilet, a bed and a locked door. Once a day I’m taken to an outdoor exercise area. I am allowed a limited access tablet and tutored online by computer programs. I have one friend I talk to through a tiny crack in the wall. His name is Cedric and he has trouble keeping himself quiet. When he isn’t talking to me about monsters and demons, he screams all the time.

Why is my life so isolated and depressing? Because I am a Sylph. Sylphs are the byproduct of illegal Omega to Omega matings. We are all beautiful, but 99.9% are born insane. The rarest of Sylphs, like me, show no outward signs of madness or brain damage, but we live in institutions because we cannot be trusted.

All of us Sylphs who have lived long enough to pass through puberty have hypersexual disorder which makes life even more difficult for us, let alone our keepers. It is like something Alphas call the Burn, a mating urge Alphas experience once every couple of months.

But we’re Sylphs, not Alphas, and this Burn thing? We experience it all the time. It’s a huge problem and why we are kept isolated. Most of us don’t survive through our teens because of it.

One day, a handsome Alpha comes to interview and study me. He calls himself the Chief of Staff but his real name is Geo. Like magic, I fall in love with him instantly. I do everything I can to seduce him. He will have none of it because touch between an Alpha and a Sylph is taboo. But I have plans. No matter what, I intend to bond him and make him mine. Forever.

A non-shifter Alpha/Omega-Sylph love story of forbidden love, rescue, and HEA. Standalone read. No Mpreg. 58k words.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Wendy Rathbone's Alpha's Embrace, the third book in The Omega Misfits series, is a fantastic read. It's easily read as a standalone, but reading the previous books adds to the fun.

I found myself wanting to cry from the start, as Geo reminisces about being separated from Mace. My investment in these characters is immediate and strong. 

Misha suffers in hypersexuality, cuffed and trapped in his own castle, as is the case for Omegas. He's a man who knows love, loving everyone he meets, but never having been in love. As as the story goes on, and we learn more about Misha, I found myself extremely impressed with his character. The way he makes the best of his situation is fascinating. He is truly a breathe of fresh air in a dark world.

This is a story with Sylphs, in a world with a saying "Take a Sylph to bed, Tomorrow wake up dead." Thus sets the setting for this story. 

But Geo, the new Chief of Staff feels something is different about Misha, believing he's been wronged. His connection to the sylph is immediate and strong. 

I honestly adore this story. I love that their connection goes against everything people expect. I love that their bond is all that matters. And I enjoy the fight to be together. The writing is fabulous, written with dual pov, allowing the reader to fully get into the minds of both men, which is absolutely necessary to tell this story correctly. 

Alpha's Embrace is a fantastic, fun escape to a different type of world. Wendy Rathbone's Omega Misfits created world is intriguing, well rounded, and a lot of fun to explore. This emotional story of forbidden romance is sure to entertain. And the entire series is thrilling!


The Omega Misfits Series -

Book One - Trust No Alpha
Book Two - The Alpha's Fake Mate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...