Sunday, April 5, 2020

Project Hero by Briar Prescott


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



Blurb

What if you accidentally fell in love with the right guy?

Andy:
If my life was a movie, I would be the sidekick. Not an especially promising start when my plan is to finally let my best friend know I have a crush on him. No worries, though. I have a plan. I just need a complete makeover. Change everything about myself so that when Falcon returns from his summer vacation, he can finally see I’m the love of his life. I totally know what I’m doing here.
Well, not really.
If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn’t look like every nerd cliché wrapped into one awkward package.
In short, I’m screwed.
But then Law Anderson enters the picture…

Law:
It’s all very simple. I need somebody to tutor my hockey team, and Andy needs somebody to help him with his crush. Sounds like a match made in heaven.
Only the more time I spend with Andy, the more I like this quirky guy who makes me laugh, and pretty soon I’m the one who’s tutoring Andy in way more than we initially agreed upon.
It’s fine.
I have it all under control.
But as weeks pass and the chemistry between us turns explosive, I’m starting to think that I might be in way over my head with Andy.
If only I could make Andy realize that he doesn’t need to change himself for love. If only I could make Andy see that he just needs to be with somebody who has considered him perfect all along…


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Briar Prescott's Project Hero is an absolutely adorable and enjoyable book.

Andy and Law are two men who are on the outside, always the sidekick in one way or another. With the help of one another, they both realize they are more than just a sidekick.

Andy won my heart quickly, as he's adorably quirky, odd, and serious. His rumblings and outbursts are hysterical. He thinks he's un-remarkable, yet he truly is remarkable. Then there's Law, who is just so darn sweet and tender, as well as determined. 

These are two men who are lovable and their story is enchanting. They are complete opposites. Their upbringings, their social status, and their family relationships are all vastly different.

Overall, this is a story of falling for the guy who's helping you try to impress someone else. Andy's always been in love with his best friend, and Law sets out to help him impress that friend, in exchange for Andy tutoring Law's hockey players. 

This is a story of two men falling in love without ever realizing it. I enjoy the slow burn aspect of this tale. The little looks and the little ways that love develops over little everyday things.

Don't ask me to pick a favorite part or favorite aspect of this story. Is it the way Law sets out to help Andy? Is it the way that Law excels in understanding and helping Andy? Is it Andy's growth throughout this whole process? If I had to choose, I'd say it's all of these and more. Hell, I am in awe of the way Law dealt with his set-back.

Told in alternating first person pov, the reader is easily pulled into every feeling. Holy crap, the emotions!  The longing, the doubts, the pain, and the love, all jump off the pages. The writing as a whole is extremely impressive for a debut novel and the title is wonderful.

Project Hero is a wonderful friends to lovers romance. I love every damn second of it and I can't wait to read it again. This is perfect when you're in the mood for a light, fluffy new adult read. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...