Thursday, April 16, 2020

How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #2) by Alice Winters




Amazon Link - Available in KU 



Blurb

Finn
When the vampire stalking me sent me a letter, I was prepared for my new life with the man I love to get thrown into chaos. But as the days stretch on and nothing happens, I become determined not to allow that monster to rule my life, and decide that Marcus and I will move on. We can’t always allow the past to haunt us. If that includes pestering Marcus and harassing my fellow detectives, they’d better learn to love it, because I’m not going anywhere even if they like to remind me I’m the only human working in a department filled with vampires. But Marcus loves me for who I am, even if he’s not crazy about the cute pet names I call him like McBitey. Being with him is more than I could have dreamed, and even with the trials thrown in our way, he never fails to make me smile.

Marcus
When Finn joined the VRC, I never expected how everything would change. Now that he’s the brightest part of my days, I’m unsure of how I existed without him. Before Finn and I can settle into our new life together, we’re called in as lead detectives when a body is found in the river, and the case soon hits closer to home than we anticipated. I want to be by Finn’s side to keep him safe, but at the same time, Finn’s fighting for the freedom he’s always wanted after being forced to live a life of fear. What I do know is that my future is with Finn, no matter what happens.

How to Elude a Vampire is the second in the VRC series and contains a display of manly prowess that doesn't go as desired, reluctant bonding with a new pet, interfering with a snarky Russian's love life, misuse of office supplies, a vampire with a killer fashion sense but very little game, a total lack of ancient kung fu powers, a feisty human who almost always gets his way and the possessive vampire who adores him.
 


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

How to Elude a Vampire, the second book in the VRC: Vampire Related Crimes series, is as wonderful as the first book How to Hex a Vampire.

I am not a fan of vampire stories, but this is not even close to a typical vampire book. It starts with humor, it ends with humor, and there's humor all throughout. 

The men are just fabulous. Finn is as charming of a human as one can be. His constant jokes about being short and human are hysterical. His humor regarding his prothesis is amazing. Of course, when you spend time with his family, you realize where he gets said humor. 

This tale includes an unsuspecting butt of a joke gone wrong, a tiny ass dog, plenty of short jokes, and lots of charm. I love everything about it. 

When it comes to the murder investigation, I adore that all of it also has humor. The author excels in offsetting any major danger or angst with her humor as well. 

For me, every Alice Winters book is a must read, and How To Hex a Vampire is certainly no exception. Read it. But be prepared to laugh. Out loud. Often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...