Sunday, December 23, 2018

Rescue Me (Heathens Ink #1) by K.M. Neuhold







Blurb

“Your life can change in an instant”~ Madden
I never thought a night out could change everything. All I wanted was to dance, drink, maybe take a cute guy home for a night of fun. I met the guy, but the night ended as a nightmare. Screams, and blood, and tragedy haunt my dreams. I'm alive and I owe it all to the gorgeous marine who refused to leave me for dead. But how can I start a new relationship when I'm not even sure who I am anymore?

“I'll always save you” ~Thane
After a long work week all I wanted was to let my hair down and to meet a nice guy. When I laid eyes on the gorgeous, tattooed man at the bar, I had to have him. I never would have thought the night could end in such horror. I saved his life, and I swear I'll save him as many times as I have to. Even if it means saving him from himself.

**This is the first book in the Heathens Ink series in which every book can be read as a stand alone.

CAUTION: this book is recommended for readers 18+ and does contain one scene of graphic violence that may disturb some readers. And, in case it wasn't clear from the description, this is an M/M romance, man parts will be touching.



Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

KM Neuhold's Rescue Me is the first book in her extraordinary Heathens Ink series. Seriously, this series is phenomenal. 

Rescue Me introduces us to Madden and his group of friends who work at the Heathens Ink tattoo parlor. 


This story is a tough read, but it's also a beautiful one. Madden meets the strong, tough Thane at a bar. Unfortunately, that night there's a mass shooting at the bar and Madden is injured. Luckily for him, Thane is there to save him. 


Madden and Thane's relationship starts immediately, as Thane offers to let Madden recover at his home. Right away, we see how great these two men are together. 


The comfort that Thane is able to give Madden is intriguing and lovely.
I love every bit of this dynamic. It's something I find to be remarkable and as sweet as can be.

Madden's PTSD is a tough read; a very tough read. It's wonderfully written though, in that Madden needs to learn to help himself instead of leaning on others.


I love this story. It's riveting and every moment is more fascinating than the next. I found myself so charged by these characters and their chemistry. 


Madden, Thane, and the whole group of friends are compelling and developed in an excellent manner. They provide much needed friendship, family, support and love to each other. 

I consider Rescue Me to be a must read!

Look for reviews on the rest of the series coming soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...