Friday, December 14, 2018

Burning Up (Rainier Family #3) by Ashton Cade







Blurb

Sawyer:

The Rainiers are one big happy family. That is, except for me. I keep to myself mostly. When I learned that you can't always trust the people who are supposed to take care of you, I did my best never to rely on anyone.
Except for my stable full of horses. They always understand. That's why I started a therapy program for kids who have issues, like me -- I know the horses can help them too.
When Jason walks in to the paddock, all the parts of me I thought were dead suddenly come alive with a vengeance. I've never been with a man before -- never risked it -- but I want him more than I've ever wanted anyone. Whenever he's around I feel as wild and free as a young stallion, but just as easy to spook. Can I let someone in? Will he break me?

Jason:

I'm taking care of my sister's kid, so I'm pretty much a single dad. And that's wonderful, but it also means I have baggage. I'm just learning what it is to be the main support for someone as alone as Emily. So when moody, brooding Sawyer begins to teach us about horses, we're also learning to love. He's more man than I've ever laid eyes on, and I'm a firefighter. Over six feet of the kind of muscle you can only get by doing hard work, perfectly faded jeans and boots, and the kind of stormy eyes that make me want to never let him go. But I'm part of a package deal these days. My needs come second. Can I trust him to be the man we need?


Burning Up is the third book in the Rainier Family series and can be happily read on its own. 67k words of hot loving, leaving worries behind, Rainiers saving the day, and as always, a whole big, bustling, small-town family waiting for its HEA.



Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Burning Up, the third book in Ashton Cade's Rainier Family series, is wonderful and riveting.

First, I need to praise Sawyer for the beautiful way he wants to use his horses to help people. Since the horses have helped him, he wants to help others by offering equine therapy. I appreciate this aspect of the story for it's realistic importance of bringing so much tranquility to those to need it. 

When Jason brings his niece to Sawyer's place, the attraction and sizzle between the men is smoking. Both men have their share of baggage, however. 

Jason's an impressive, selfless and loving man, raising his autistic niece, and altering his life completely to meet her needs. 

I can't give enough praise for the way Emily is written. She's autistic and mostly non-verbal. This is written with knowledge, compassion and care. It's beautiful the way she is depicted. Her emotional connection with the horses is remarkable and inspirational.

As we learn more about Sawyer, my heart aches for him. He's had a tragic past and continues to struggle to move forward with his life. He's guarded and pretty reclusive for a good reason. The way that he allows Jason to bring him out of his shell is captivating and irresistible.

Essentially, Burning Up is a tender story of two men who help one another to move forward with their lives, to take chances, and to accept another into their world. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...