Monday, April 8, 2019

Secrets and Broken Pieces (Promises #1) by Karen Botha







Blurb

When hate turns to love...
AXEL
The day I started as the first junior ever to be employed at Judd Racing, I never expected to fall in love. I arrived there with vengeance in my heart. And I set about delivering my plan to right the wrongs of my past.
Or, so I thought.

FLORIAN
Axel turned up, and it was like a whirlwind walked in and snatched away my rational thoughts. Not only was he hot, hot, hot, but he had an emptiness in his soul that was crying out to be filled.
And, I knew I was just the person to do it.

The road to true love for Axel and Florian was never going to be simple though, and in this book, which is a spin-off to the Commitment series, we follow these lesser-known characters and understand exactly what makes them tick.

We cry for the pain that Axel simultaneously hides too well, and doesn’t hide at all. We root for Florian to work out the kinks and bring out Axel’s true character that we can all see hidden away under his iron-clad surface.

Axel fears what would happen if he reveals his true character while Florian fears for their future if he doesn’t.

Then we cheer for their happy ever after when they eventually work out what the hell they need to do to make their lives work.
As one.

Axel is another example of how Botha combines all the hallmarks that have made her page-turning writing a go to for anyone looking for love. Download your copy now.


Axel is the first in the Promises series of gay romance books, a spinoff series from the Commitment Series. The MM romance books included in this LGBT series are: Axel and will be followed by Florian’s story, although each book is a story in its own right and has a HEA.

Other series in the same Universe include: Love 1: Daisy, Love 2: Idris, Love 3: Cassius and the Commitment Series 1. Buckle Up 2. G-Force 3. Jump Start 4. Ignition 5. Turbo Charged 6. Pole Position

A note from Karen I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and my other series', it's always great to hear what readers say directly. All my contact details are on my Amazon Author Page, feel free to message me.


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!


Secrets and Broken Pieces is the start of a new series by Karen Botha, but it's set in the world of the Buckle Up series.

Axel has come to work for Elliott, but hasn't told him that he's his son. I absolutely love this. Axel's life has been awful; he's homeless, his mom died, and foster care was bad.

At his new job, Axel meets Florian. The interest is immediate, but both fight it. I love the age difference in this romance, as it's both hot and fun. Their story is one of acceptance, as well as dealing with past scars. It's a tale of guilt, deception, bad timing, confessions, and understanding. It's about trust and letting your walls down.

Holy crap, I freakin love the way Florian deals with Axel's scars. Total swoon moment!

I do find the ending to be rather abrupt, but hopefully we'll get to see more these two in another book. Overall, the story is fast paced, glossing over a lot of details, but it's a sweet story. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...