Sunday, April 28, 2019

Back to You (Against All Odds #1) by Kim Breyon








Blurb

One of you, one of me…

As a private investigator, I have a perfect record when it comes to closing cases…as long as you don’t count the only one that ever really mattered to me.

Even after a decade, the memory of the foster boy I once shared a room with continues to haunt my dreams. For five years, Riley helped me laugh when there was so little in our lives to laugh about. His gentle touch and stormy gray eyes were the only thing that could calm the swirling and turbulent thoughts and emotions within me.

But in the blink of an eye, the safe harbor my best friend provided was ripped from my life without warning or reason. His unexplained disappearance set sail to a lonely and hopeless journey. Now, I am no more willing to let the memory of my best friend go than I am ready to give up the search for him, as hopeless as it may seem to those around me.

And then a client asks me to locate a stolen treasure box. Clues have me heading from the city of Atlanta to a small, picturesque town in South Carolina called Reedsport. There, I hope to find the missing box; what I never expected was to find something else that I’d been missing for far too long. Could I have finally found a beacon of hope that would lead Riley Tanager back to me?


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


Back To You, by Kim Breyon, the first book in the Against All Odds series, is beautiful and full of emotion.

As Beckett reconnects with Riley after seven long years, he finds he can't live without him. Their tale is about discovering their missing years, learning who the other man is now, and falling even deeper in love. It's a story of wasted time, and deep feelings. It's about finding the one who makes your heart beat stronger.

The writing is great. The pace is fast and perfectly done. And the mystery of Riley's disappearance is wonderfully revealed bit by bit. I love the author's use of frequent flashbacks to let us know Beckett and Riley when they were younger. It's great to see their former relationship as well as their newly developing one. 

Back To You's definitely one of those stories you can just sink your teeth into and relax for a bit. It's riveting and compelling, with some great twists and turns. I highly recommend it to any fans of second chances. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...