Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Leo (Beckford Brothers #1) by Candice Blake







Blurb

LEO:
I’m cocky with a capital C and I own it. I have big dreams and nothing’s going to stop me from achieving everything I set my mind to.

I'm about to start my sophomore year and I desperately need a place to live. One morning, I stumble across a 'Room For Rent' sign on someone's front lawn. An older man with blond hair and kind green eyes opens the door. His name is Graves and I find out he's a professor at my school.

I move into the beautiful Victorian home with Graves. At first, I want nothing to do with this forty-five-year-old professor since he's my landlord. But when I find out he needs my help, that's when everything changes...

I'm straight. Full stop.

But Graves...oh man, Graves. Why does he make me feel the things that I do when I'm with him?

GRAVES:
Since my divorce five years ago, my dating life has been terrible.

When Leo moves in, I have no idea how to get to this tall and rugged business student to open up to me. But I do see how good he is with women. How does this blue-eyed nineteen-year-old student know so much more than me when it comes to dating?

Leo becomes my sort of dating coach. At first, it's about helping me find someone. But what if that person is there all along?

I've been straight my whole life. But the chemistry between me and Leo is undeniable.

I am hesitant to explore this...thing with Leo. Word spreads fast on campus, and if anyone finds out, I could lose everything…

Warning: Leo contains explicit sexual content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

The Beckford Brothers series focuses on four brothers who go on their own journeys to find love. Each novel in the Beckford Brothers series can be read on its own or as part of the series.


An M/M Romance Novel.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


Leo is one of those books where I instantly fall in love with the pleasant tone, and continue to fall even more in love as the book progresses. It's absolutely riveting, compelling and completely delightful.

Leo is everything I love in M/M romance. Two men, complete opposites, falling for each other, realizing they perfectly compliment one another. As an added bonus, we have a May to December romance which adds to some light angst, as they're certainly at different parts of their lives. 

This is one of those books that I want to re-read often. It's sweet, it's tender, it's romantic. I appreciate the way both men change and evolve throughout. I love that they each contribute a lot to the relationship, yet in completely different ways. 

Their story involves a sweet as can be puppy, who I fell in love with instantly. And, how can you not fall for two men when they fall for a puppy. The puppy's what initially brings them together, and it's wonderful. The backyard scene with the puppy during the picnic is delightful, cute, and sweet.


I love and adore both men. Leo's loose ways of floating through life is perfectly balanced by Graves' rigid ways. They truly compliment one another, as Leo needs an older, more stable person in his life.

Their story is sad and lonely. It's a slow-burn as Leo isn't open to befriending Graves, let alone allowing more. The way they do come together is fun and splendid, as it's natural, realistic and relatable. As for sex with a man, it's the first time for both, which is terrific and a whole lot of fun. I also enjoy the tenant/landlord and professor/teacher dynamics.

As well, I like the ending, as Leo's a unique young man, and his future is befitting of his personality. It's wonderful that the author stayed true to Leo's personality.

Leo's relationship with his brother adds tremendously to the story, as he's his best friend, and they each protect each other. Their closeness, as well as their history, is endearing as they will always support one another. I appreciate the way the author explored their relationship.

Candice Blake has won over my heart with Leo. It's so much more than I could have ever anticipated and I love every single moment of this amazing story. I highly recommend it in general, but if you enjoy May to December romances, this is a must read!  As for me, it's a definite re-read.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...