Wednesday, June 26, 2019

CHRISTIAN (Beckford Brothers Book 3) by Candice Blake







Blurb

Christian: He was the boy next door and now he’s my Boy.

I’ve run away from things my whole life. After living overseas for the past ten years to run away from my problems, I finally decided to come home. As the CEO of my own multi-million-dollar company, I don't have time to date and I don’t do feelings either. But when I reconnect with Gage, the boy who once lived across the street from me, he stirs up a whole lot of feelings in me that I'd rather not deal with. Gage makes me reconsider everything I thought I knew about myself--including my sexuality. What happens when he starts calling me Daddy and wants me to commit? Will I run away from the uncomfortable feelings or will I finally stay for good?

Gage: Everything changed when I called him Daddy.

When I decide to move back home after finishing college, I didn’t expect to cross paths with Christian, someone I hadn't seen in over a decade. Christian made me realize I was gay when I was thirteen and the feelings I had for him as a teenager are still there and stronger than ever. The thing is, Christian is so much older and more experienced than me while I'm still a virgin. He’s out of my league and I’m afraid to let myself fall for someone so powerful and successful. Will I build up enough confidence to go for the man of my dreams?

Warning: CHRISTIAN contains explicit sexual content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

The Beckford Brothers series focuses on four brothers who go on their own journeys to find love. Each novel can be read on its own or as part of the series. 


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!

Christian, the third book in Candice Blake's Beckford Brothers series, sucked me in from the start.

I highly enjoy this series, and this book, with Christian and Gage finding love. The age gap and the Daddy dynamic is a hell of a lot of fun. And Christian's journey from being straight to discovering his feelings for Gage is wonderfully done. Gage's long time crush on Christian adds to the fun.

I definitely enjoy Christian and Gage as a couple. To get there though is an emotional ride. Gage has long loved Christian, but Christian's insistence that he's only bi-curious is their big obstacle. Christian's fear and denial is quite frustrating at times, but I think it's a good exploration of the struggle to come out to oneself. If you enjoy the angst of sexual awareness, you'll enjoy this book. I also enjoy the angst of riding that fine line between being professional and giving into your feelings. 

This romance includes Daddy play, but it's not a deep look into it, rather an introduction. By the way, does it get any better than falling for the man you babysat when he was a kid? So fun!

Their relationship also includes some first time moments, as Christian is new to gay sex. I just consider that to be an extra bonus.

It's fun seeing the other brothers and their partners appearing. I love the Beckford brothers and the strong sense of family they portray. 

My one complaint is the repeated "he said." That is my biggest pet peeve in books and this one definitely had it's moments where I was cringing. I might not love the writing style, but I love the stories.

Christian is a sweet, fun read. This series is definitely more enjoyable if read in order, so start with Leo and Kingston before diving into Christian. As for me, I will now be not-so-patiently waiting for the fourth book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...