Saturday, June 15, 2019

Touching Fate (A Collection of Strays #2) by Toby Wise







Blurb

Meeting my true mate is supposed to be the best day of my life, but when I step in front of Elwood’s door, expecting to jump into my alpha’s arms and live happily ever after, I am sorely disappointed. I have no idea why my mate doesn’t want me but I’m determined to keep him in my life, even if it’s just as my friend. How long can I take keeping my alpha at arm’s length before it breaks me? ~Frankie

What is it about the adorable red-headed boy that draws me in and has my dragon wanting? I can’t help but realize Frankie is everything I’ve ever wanted in a mate. Everyday it gets harder to remember I’m supposed to be holding back my feelings because we’re only friends. When we do finally touch, I know it’ll be explosive and change both of our lives forever. ~Elwood

This 35k novella, which is book two in A Collection of Strays, is guaranteed to give you the mpreg, shifters, and happily ever after you love. Touching Fate is filled with knotty fun, shiny eggs, friends to lovers, true mates, and laugh out loud shenanigans and is intended for those 18 or over. 


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!



Touching Fate, the second book in Toby Wise's A Collection of Strays series, is a sweet, unique shifter romance. 

I'm not a huge fan of shifter stories, but I did enjoy this one with it's vast array of animals represented.

My favorite part of this book is the humor. There are tons of great one liners that had me laughing out loud.

The writing is well done, with a fun storyline. Ellwood and Frankie meet at college. I enjoy that the dragon shifter Frankie doesn't recognize Ellwood as his mate, making for a nice twist. Instead of instantly living happily ever after, they build a friendship as Ellwood tries to get his fated mate to recognize him.

At it's heart, Touching Fate is a tale of family. And the family is wonderful, complete with fun bickering. Having not read the first book in the series, I was still able to fully enjoy this book. However, I would love to go back and read the first one just because I enjoyed this one so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...