Thursday, May 27, 2021

Trust Me (Rebel Mechanics #3) by A.T. Brennan

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




I want to believe I deserve more, but how can I when no one has ever taken the time to understand me?

A year ago, I thought I found the perfect man. He was sweet, attentive, and promised to take care of me. Then he showed his true colors, and I’ve been trapped with him ever since. I don’t want to live like this, but I can’t seem to find the courage to end things.

That is, until my best friend, Quinn, shows me that I have people who care about me. It’s with their support that I’m finally able to break free and start my journey of healing.

Quinn is right there by my side, helping me find myself again. He’s the best friend I could’ve asked for, and the more time we spend together, the more my feelings for him grow. I’m not used to wanting someone the way I want Quinn. I’m worried it will ruin our friendship if I tell him how I feel, but then again, what could be better than falling in love with my best friend?


Trust Me is a 65k word slow burn best friends to lovers, hurt/comfort story featuring a sweet mechanic, an artistic wheelchair user, a found family, and all the feels. It is Book 3 in the Rebel Mechanics series but can be read as a standalone.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Already in love with the Rebel Mechanics series, I am now delightful and thrilled for this third book, Trust Me. AT Brennan's third book in this series is fabulous and is easily read as a standalone. 

There's a lot going on in this friends to lovers story. And I love it all.

At the start, Bennett's in an abusive relationship, making him automatically a sympathetic character. When he finally realizes he deserves to be treated better, he turns to his best friend Quinn for help. 

I love the friendship they have at the start. Each helps ground the other, and brings a peace into the other's world. The easily fall into living together and spending all their time together.

Quinn is wheelchair bound, and yet Bennett doesn't mind at all. Bennett is supportive and helpful, making him even more loveable. The author does an excellent job illustrating the sexual issues Quinn has with his injury. It's all written with care and compassion, as well as brings so much reality to their situation. I absolutely love this aspect.

Another key issue for these two is Bennett's sexuality. He's demisexual and isn't quite sure of what that means for him. 

Ultimately, both care for one another and everything about them as a couple works wonderfully. I adore the way they care about each other. And I love the way their relationship evolves. 

Trust Me is a beautiful story. This AT Brennan romance impresses as it explores some sexual issues and what it means to both men. I love it. It's unique and well worth a read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...