Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Pinch of Mystery (Greywood's Second Chances #1) by Lula Duval

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





An enemies-to-lovers, former best friends, second chance love story.

CODEY:
I still have it bad for Fallon Brown, even though he probably hired a hitman the minute he heard I was back in town.


My life is a mess. My brother ran away and left me in charge of our sick dad. My best friend Fallon, a.k.a. the love of my life I betrayed years ago, hates my guts. To top it all off, I’m broke. The only way for me to give my father the medical help he needs is to sell Harold Cronunberg’s house: the biggest, fanciest house on the market. Unfortunately, to do that, I’d have to double-cross Fallon once again. And this time, I could lose him forever.

FALLON:
Codey F*cking Fellini is back in Greywood, and he wants to steal my house? Hell no.


Apparently, it wasn’t enough for the barbarian to shatter my heart into pieces twelve years ago. No, he needed to show up unannounced to ruin my life again. Well, I, Fallon Benjamin Williams Brown, will make sure this doesn’t happen. I am Greywood’s official realtor. This snack of a man is going to stay as far away as possible from me, my heart, and what’s in my pants… and the house, too.

A Pinch of Mystery is the first installment in the new series: Greywood’s Second Chances. The series will follow Fallon and Codey as they give their love, their lives, and themselves a second chance.




My Rating - 5 Stars!


A Pinch of Mystery is the first book in the Greywood's Second Chances series. It's the cutest, sweetest, funniest, small town cozy mystery series. 

Codey and Fallen get a second chance at romance when Codey returns home. The two dated in the past but left things on a bad note. Now they're reunited and are both realtors who are competing for a listing. Love the enemies to lovers and rivals aspect.

What follows is a feel good small town cozy murder mystery, as the two men also fall in love. 

I am not a big fan of cozy mysteries, but this one is absolutely delightful. The men and their story take second place to me, with the town and the craziness of everything being the highlight. 

That said, the romance is cute, with a great ending. 

The writing style is easy to read and completely humorous. You have to love when an author can make a murder mystery delightful. But the towns' people, as well as the couple, provide constant humor. 

Everything about A Pinch of Mystery is fabulous. I love Lula Duval's light-hearted tone and the constant humor, as well as the banter and sass. This two story collection is an absolute delight, which I highly recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...