Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Perfection (Spoiled Perfection #2) by Gianni Holmes



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link




An Age Gap Romance

Perfection n. The state of being complete and correct in every way.

Callum
I learned the hard way that love doesn't change anyone. Yet, here I am for the long haul with Ashton on his road to recovery. I have to make tough decisions for his own good, but I have to believe in the end we'll be better for it.

Ashton
Local AA or an anonymous rehab center in another state? It's no hairbrainer why I chose the former. I don't think I can make it through recovery without my Daddy's support. But will he continue supporting me when he finds out what drove me to the bottle in the first place? How can anyone forgive me for what I've done when I can't even forgive myself?

Perfection is the second book in the Spoiled Perfection duet. This book cannot be read as a standalone.



My Rating - 5 Stars!


Perfection, the second book in the Spoiled Perfection series is one hell of a gripping story. To enjoy this Gianni Holmes tale, you need to have first read Spoiled.

A Daddy and his boy, Callum and Ashton's second book starts with a spanking. Both men have some changes to make in their own lives, making for a long, emotional journey.

Ashton is an amazingly complex character. His background is revealed in Spoiled, with his journey towards self acceptance, forgiveness, and healing is continuing here. Of course, that includes some more secrets being revealed. His relationship with his mother continues to be toxic. Thank god he has Callum on his side. 

Ashton's relationship with Callum is wonderfully unique, with the Daddy being the one without money, and the boy being rich and famous. It brings some fascinating aspects to their lives and makes for a fun read. 

This story that involves alcoholism continues to address the problems with becoming sober and staying sober. I appreciate the way the author handles with aspect.  

And then there's Mario. We learned about Mario, Callum's former boy in the first book. Now we learn about Ashton's relationship with Mario. Wow, Ashton is so damn loving. I can't love him more for how wonderful he is with Mario.

I love this quote. "He didn't have to be perfect in the way he thought perfection meant. None of us was perfect."

The author's writing style is stellar. The words flow perfectly, the dialogue is wonderful, and the storyline is magnificent. This is an emotional rollercoaster, a tough read at times, with my heart a complete mess. 

Dear God, Perfection is one hell of a book. The whole Spoiled Perfection series is a stellar read by Gianni Holmes. It's a great combination of Daddy kink, family issues, opposites attract, and a ton of character growth. The journey for these two men is tough, but well worth it in the end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...