Thursday, July 16, 2020

Forbidden (Strictly Off Limits #1) by Skyler Snow & Rheland Richmond




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Everyone knows you don't date your best friend's son. Right?
Scott
I would never do something like that…
But when my best friend asks me if his son could stay for a few weeks until he got on his feet, the plan wasn’t to fall for him.
I know I should stay away from Elliot. He's half my age and I’m not even sure he’s gay.
But no matter how hard I try, all I can think about is making Elliot mine.
Elliot
I've known Scott all my life. He's been there for me and my dad countless times.
So why do I suddenly have such a huge crush on him?
Seeing him after my years away in college has changed everything. I can't stop looking at him. I can't stop thinking about him. His whole vibe screams Daddy and I'm officially confused.
Am I falling in love with my dad's best friend?



My Rating - 4 Stars!



Forbidden, the first book in the Strictly Off Limits series, is an enjoyable read by Skyler Snow and Rheland Richmond. 

If you enjoy age gap romances, you will love this father's best friend story. Elliott is off to stay with his father's friend, Scott, as his new job is nearby. Cue the fun, as the attraction is instant. I like that their attraction is new, despite having known one another for years. Elliott has grown up, allowing Scott to see him as the man he now is, and Elliott is suddenly seeing Scott from new eyes. 

Their story is full of intense want. And of course, the forbidden aspect is always there. They don't jump right into bed, instead developing this new part of their friendship first and working out their feelings. 

This story includes some Daddy play, but nothing heavy. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but I just went with it, since Scott screams Daddy. Their story also includes some pleasurable sexual exploration, as Scott teaches the young Elliott some things.

Written in alternating 1st person pov, the reader is able to get into the mindset of both men. The characters are both charming, their chemistry is strong, and they make for a fabulous couple. The tension between the two jumps off the pages, and the reader will fall in love with this couple.

If you are looking for a serious forbidden element however, this book isn't for you. The forbidden aspect is certainly present, but it's a surprisingly low angst read. 

Forbidden is a fabulous May to December romance. The authors excel in developing this forbidden romance into a riveting tale. It's perfect when you're in the mood for something light and fluffy. As for now, I am excited to see what comes next in this series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...