Saturday, July 18, 2020

Two Straights Too Many (Heroes of Fort Dale #1) by Romeo Alexander




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Elias: Moving to Daleport City to work at the local fire station was going to be hard. Then I met Cade. Turns out, I’d met my new best friend, and for two years, he’s been by my side through everything. The guys tease us about how close we are, but we’re straight, just good friends. Then Cade and I found ourselves having to pretend to date, pretend to be attracted to one another…And then we stopped pretending.

Cade: As if having a female stalker and a harpy for a mother wasn’t enough, I’m also in a fake relationship with my best friend? Then we ended up kissing…and more. Elias is straight, I’m straight, and we suddenly want to do not so straight things. That’s pretty much where I am now. So tell me… what am I supposed to do?

Elias and Cade, two straight firefighters and best friends, find themselves in a fake relationship that leads both men into territory they’ve never ventured into before. Can their friendship survive? Will they ever want to go back?




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!



Two Straights Too Many is an entertaining romance by Romeo Alexander. The first book in the Heroes of Fort Dale series, I am left pleased and looking forward to what comes next. 

This is the story of Elias and Cade, two friends who are roommates and co-workers. With a sudden fake boyfriend comment, cue the fun. 

What follows is a tale with a lot of pretending that leads to some hot sexual exploration. It's the story of two firefighters, with some manipulation and threats, as well as a controlling mother and a little surprise at the end. 

Overall, it's a story of two straight friends and their sexual realization. I enjoy the fact that they treated one another as platonic boyfriends for quite a while. This new pretend dating aspect of their relationship just opened their eyes for them. 

These two are fun and hot. The writing is just my style, easy to follow, flowing well with excellent dialogue. There are a couple of things that seemed forced, but I didn't really care. I was enjoying it too much to get picky. 

Too Straights Too Many is a fun, delightful friends to lovers romance. Be sure to check out this Romeo Alexander read the next time you want a fluffy roommates romance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...