Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Sun Showers (Online #2) by CK Blake




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





COLTON:

A sudden rainstorm has forced me to temporarily close down all my restaurants.

Stuck inside my penthouse condo with my cute AF puppy isn't so bad... but I quickly realize I'm all alone (and really single). Using a dating app to see who's around, I meet Godfrey who happens to live a few floors down from me.

Lightning strikes and sparks fly between us as we shelter from the storm. With not much to do except stay in, the storm brings me and Godfrey closer together.

But some things are making me second guess everything:

1. I'm 42, he's 23 (hello, age gap)
2. Godfrey's identical twin brother is very protective of him
3. I’m still coming to terms with my bisexuality

When the rain passes and the sun shines, will the storm in our hearts endure or fizzle out?



My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Sun Showers, the second book in the Online Love series by CK Blake, is a fun read.

The story starts with a bad rainstorm that closes the city off, making everyone shelter in place. I started to think this was over the top but, it actually does happen at times of severe storms. So, I got over that quickly. 

Colton and Godfrey, two men who live in the same apartment building, meet on a dating app. A cute story idea, and it's carried out well. 

I adore the way the two get to know one another, on a platonic level. After all, Colton only joined the app to meet girls, but opened himself to making friendships with men. Ohhh...cue the fun.

What follows is 
a story of sexual confusion, and bisexual awareness. It's a sweet, slow burn romance, with some enjoyable sexual exploration along the way. More than anything, I love the natural way they become closer, and I adore the snuggling. 

Godfrey and his twin add to the story on several levels. I enjoy the quick and easy way that Colton can tell them apart. It's just sweet. As well, I like the issue of Godfrey and his twin fearing they will grow apart. It's all realistic and well explored. 

The writing is well done, with a nice flow and an entertaining storyline. The dialogue could be improved, with less "he said" being used. But other than that, I love it all. 

Sun Showers is a delightful story by CK Blake. It's a great choice the next time you're looking for a slow burn, bisexual awakening romance. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...