Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Spoiled (Spoiled Perfection Duet #1) by Gianni Holmes




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Spoiled. Adj. destroyed, damaged, or no longer able to be used.

Callum

When I move to a small town from the big city, my plans are simple. Get my co-owned coffee shop off the ground and work on my baggage. Alone. My plans are shot to hell when wealthy frat brat Ashton Keyes stumbles into Cafe Crave. Drunk. That’s all the warning sign I need to stay away from the self-destructive boy. But he’s everything the Daddy in me craves and I can’t walk away.

Ashton

Everything hurts. The lies. The perfect image. The fake smile. Only when I’m drunk do I find relief. Until the night I meet Daddy Callum and decide he’s mine. But, he has strict rules for us to be together, and his punishment is unlike anything I’d ever experienced. Is it enough to keep the darkness at bay, or is it too late to be saved?

Spoiled is the first book in the Spoiled Perfection duet and is not meant to be read as a standalone. While book 1 ends with a hopeful HFN note, book 2 must be read for a full resolution and the much anticipated HEA.
 




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Spoiled, the first book in Gianni Holmes' Spoiled Perfection series, is a fantastic Daddy/boy romance. 

This is the story of Ashton, a college student and a 38 year old coffee shop owner, Callum. Both men have baggage that holds them back. One has family issues and guilt, the other is scared from his past with an ex. And for both, the character growth in this one is wonderful. 

Callum doesn't want to take the younger man under his wing, but he can't resist for too long. One of my favorite parts of this story is the way Callum helps Ashton with his school work. He doesn't help do his work, but he teaches Ashton the way to structure his work. I love this. 

Ashton's background is well developed and explored throughout. His parent's behavior has definitely been the driving factor for his reckless behavior, as well as his need for a daddy. 

I love Ashton and Callum together. It took me a while to love them as a couple, but once I did, I am thrilled with everything they can offer one another. They definitely work as a Daddy and his boy.

Their story is one of sex and discipline, as Ashton clearly needs a daddy in his life. This is a story with addiction, so avoid this one if that's a trigger for you. It's also a story of lies, secrets, bribery, and hurt. 

As for the list of ten things, it brought tears to my eyes. 

Told in alternating first person pov, the reader is easily able to understand each man's feelings and emotions throughout. The author excels in illustrating the importance of becoming sober for oneself and not for others. To truly every recover, one needs to want to be sober. 

Spoiled is a riveting read. This Gianni Holmes ends in a cliffhanger, but the next book is already available. Don't miss this age gap romance the next time you're in the mood for a hot Daddy romance with a great storyline. 



Book One - Spoiled 
Book Two - Perfection



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...