Thursday, July 9, 2020

Hard Knox (Havenwood #3) by Riley Hart




Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Callum

A gay guy walks into a straight bar and notices the hottest man he’s ever seen.

Why am I not surprised my life sounds like the beginning of a bad joke? First, my ex cheated on me, and I went running to Havenwood and the mom I have a complicated relationship with. Then, there’s Knox, the gorgeous lumberjack I don’t stand a chance with. To top it off, he’s more than just a pretty face, and I start to fall for him. Knox is kind, funny, honorable, quickly becoming my best friend, and unfortunately, straight with a capital S.

Knox
My life has taken a few unexpected turns lately. First, the new guy in town, Callum, has me strangely confused. Then my son, Logan, comes to live with me. He connects with Callum instantly, and I do too. Before we know it, he’s become a daily fixture in our lives, making us laugh, calling me his lumberjack and making this foreign warmth spread inside me.

It doesn’t matter that I’ve never been with a guy before—one kiss from Cal, and it’s clear I’m bi. He turns me upside down. With every laugh, every conversation, every touch and exploration, I fall harder. Sneaking around isn’t ideal, but there’s a lot for us to consider. All I know is I need him. Life has a funny way of throwing a wrench into your plans, though, and things become a mess. But then I’m reminded that while nothing in life is guaranteed, not even love, what Callum and I have built is worth fighting for.




My Rating - 5 Stars!



Hard Knox is a fantastic addition to Havenwood series. The third book in this Riley Hart series, it is amazing!

Callum is in town, reconnecting with his mother, which isn't an easy feat. He's meeting all the men of this small town and can't help but to be drawn to Knox. 

Knox, oh Knox. Aka, that straight Knox with an ex wife and kids. Knox's son Logan is now living with him, and bonds quickly with Callum. The way Callum connects with Logan instantly is beautiful, completely inspirational. I love the way they interact and become important to one another from the start. It's always fun when a kid is the one that brings a couple together. 

At it's heart, this is a story of sexual exploration and sexual awakening. And, omg, the tension, the need, the want! That first kiss!!! And it just gets better from there. They are definitely hot together.

This is also a story with some plenty of side characters. If you've been reading along, the others from the series are ever present. Dear lord, Remy and Lawson had me swooning. And then there's Knox's daughter who is wonderfully written. 

I love this story. And no surprise that I love the writing. As usual, the author draws the reader in from the start and treats them to a tender, heart-felt romance. Written in alternating 1st person pov, these characters fully come to life and have me feeling their every emotion. 

Hard Knox may just be my new favorite Riley Hart read. This bi-awakening romance is a true gem. I love everything about this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...