Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Damage (Love in the City #2) by Mia Monroe







Blurb

Everyone deserves a second chance. Even someone like me.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life.

I would travel the world, share what I knew, and write my stories. Everything I did was designed to bring me closer to that goal. So when a dream opportunity landed in my lap, I had to take it, no matter who I had to leave behind in the process.

Three years have passed since I made that decision, and I quickly learned reality doesn't always match up with vision. Home is exactly where I need to be, but when I see the man I pushed aside to follow my chosen path, the true cost of my decision hits me like a ton of bricks. I don't deserve it, but I'll do anything to get him back.

All I want is a second chance at the future we should have had, but first I have to fix what I left behind... damage.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Wow, Mia Monroe's Damage is a riveting second chance romance. 

Three years after breaking Nolan's heart, Seppe is back in town. What follows is a mesmerizing slow burn second chance for these two men. 


It's a story of regret and hindsight, about knowing you made the wrong choices and trying to right them. A story of not understanding the depth of your love until you've lost it. It wonderfully explores that sometimes it isn't the right time to be a couple. Sometimes one needs to explore their dreams to realize what their dreams truly are. 

Their story is about priorities and figuring out what one really wants in life. It's a story about choosing love that involves a whole lot of pain and hurt. Seppe longs to repair the heart he'd previously broken, broken so badly that Nolan can't move forward.

It's perfect that they slowly get to know each other again. After such a tragic ending last time, there's no way Nolan is willing to give Seppe another chance without a lot of work. The author does a great job of taking the characters and readers through the wringer throughout this extraordinary story of making amends and choosing love. Their journey is a hard-fought one that's completely worth the reader's time. 
My first read from this author, I am hoping to go back and read her debut book. I love her writing, characters, and storyline. The depth of these men and their relationship is well developed and explored. It's absolutely fantastic.

At it's heart, Damage is an amazingly sweet and tender story of forgiveness. Mia Monroe excels in writing this beautiful romance. I can't recommend this book enough when you're in the mood for heartbreak. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...