Saturday, August 3, 2019

Can't Touch by Chara Croft








Blurb

I lucked into the perfect roommate this year: pretty to look at, eager to please, happy to do any and every damn thing I want, sometimes even before I know I want it. And even though I'm here on a football scholarship, not some kind of brainiac academic one like he is, I'm still smart enough to know I shouldn't mess with a good thing.

It's why I gave myself one rule: hands off pretty little Sean Cabot.

I mean, shouldn't be too hard, right? There are plenty of other willing twinks available to keep me happy this year, so there's no need to obsess about the only one I told myself I can't touch...

CAN’T TOUCH is a 54,000 word gay college romance between a cocky jock and the sweet, sheltered boy who just wants to be good for him. Read it if you like bossy jocks, boys who like it that way, unapologetic power imbalances, and a hefty dose of praise kink. Pass if that's not your jam or you're looking for something deep, dark, or angsty. 


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


Chara Croft's Can't Touch is a fun college romance that turned out to be more than I expected. 

We meet Tyson when he's back from a spring break full of hookups. He's hot for his roommate, Sean, but Sean is straight. Or so he thinks.

Tyson's a hoot, definitely not subtle at all with his advances. From the start, they have a unique relationship, that's full of pleasing one another, endearments, many looks, and the desire to not ruin their living situation. It's fun, flirty, and completely enjoyable.

Holy crap, Sean's backstory is awful, leaving me furious. To say his family is crazy is an understatement. A victim of physical and mental abuse, trained not to touch himself, thank goodness Tyson's now in his life. 

Their story involves confessions, coming out, and some hot attraction. It's full of many first time moments for Sean, which are all emotional and delightful. It also involves a whole lot of tension with Sean's family.

And for the man whore Tyson, Sean's something more than he's ever experienced. It's enjoyable watching him develop in within this new relationship. 

My first time reading a Chara Croft book, I am extra delighted. I find the writing to be good, with strong characters and a nice, fast pace. 

As for the title, it is the perfect choice, as Sean's always been taught he can't touch himself. 

Overall, Can't Touch is an enjoyable read. It's hot, steamy, and a whole lot of fun. I loved every second of it. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and I wanted to hit people. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...