Saturday, August 3, 2019

SAINT (Beckford Brothers Book 4): An MM Romance Novel by Candice Blake







Blurb

Saint: He calls me Daddy but he's 13 years older than me.
At 36 years old, I've built my own multi-million-dollar company from scratch but my life still feels empty. When I find out my father’s best friend, Easton, is going through some major life problems, I want to help him in an unconventional way. But for this to work, Easton has to be receptive to being my Boy. As his Daddy, I'll protect him at all costs and spank him when he needs discipline. This arrangement is supposed to be no-strings-attached because I don't do commitment. So when I start falling for my father's best friend, do I trust my gut and run...or do I listen to my heart and stay?

Easton: He's my best friend's son and he wants me to call him Daddy.
At 49 years old, a bad investment leads to financial ruin and my wife divorcing me. When I open up to my best friend's son about what's going on in my life, he wants to use BDSM to help me. I used to take care of Saint when he was younger but he wants to reverse the roles. I don't know if I feel comfortable calling anyone Daddy--especially someone younger than me. I've been best friends with Saint's father for over twenty years. If he finds out what his son and I are doing behind closed doors, things will never be the same...

Warning: SAINT contains explicit sexual content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

The Beckford Brothers series focuses on four brothers who go on their own journeys to find love. Each novel can be read on its own or as part of the series.


Review 
My Rating - 3.5 Stars!

Candice Blake's Saint, the fourth book in the Beckford Brothers series, is a fun Daddy kink romance. That said, I had some problems with the storyline. I'll discuss those towards the end.


In addition to Daddy kink and some age play, the younger Saint is the Daddy, and his little is his father's best friend. Oh, hell yes! Easton's newly divorced, his ex is a bitch, and Saint just happens to be the man who can help him. I thoroughly enjoy that the younger Saint is the one to introduce Easton to BDSM and daddy play. The older man easily falls into the need to be protected, lead, and taken care of. And damn, all his first time moments are entertaining.

The fact that Easton has long been friends with Saint's father, and has been a part of his life forever, doesn't stop these two. It just adds to the charm of their relationship. 

While I'll be sharing some critiques soon, I need to say that in general I love the author's writing. I enjoy the fast pace, the overall storylines, and this wonderful world of the Beckford Brothers. I really do, which makes rating these books difficult for me. I devour them quickly and would absolutely love them if some things were tweaked. 

Now, for my complaints, of which I have several. 

Told in alternating first person pov, we get a great look into the feelings and emotions of both men. But, I have to say I definitely don't enjoy the author's repeated use of "he said." There are times it made me want to stop reading. But, the story is too delightful to stop.

I struggled with the Little play, as Easton choose to be a tween. That definitely disturbs me. I completely prefer when the little is a toddler. Choosing to be 13 just seemed weird. 

I wanted to slap Easton's ex wife, who's a controlling bitch. I also found her part in the story to be wrapped up too quickly. Her appearance didn't make much sense to me, as it only makes sense if there was more of her. I also found the ending to be rushed; wrapped up way too easily. There needed to be a little more angst in that chapter.  

Overall, Saint is a fun read, despite my few problems with the story and writing. It's a beautiful tale of finding someone who makes you feel safe. The whole Beckford Brothers series is a lot of fun.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...