Friday, August 9, 2019

Robby (Cooper Construction #3) by Jen Davis






Blurb

No one knows me--not the true me shaped by my sordid past. I cover the scars on my soul as well as I hide the ones on my skin.

I'm living proof that only the strongest survive on these streets. But I paid a heavy price for my survival.

Now I'm ready to move on, to forget my past. In my dreams, I do it with Matt. I've had my eye on him ever since he joined Cooper Construction. Like me, he keeps his true self hidden, locked inside a shy and silent shell.

Somehow, I break through. Touch the untouchable. But when love strips us both naked, the truths we reveal may end up tearing us apart.


Review 
My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Robby is a superb boss/employee romance. This is my first read by Jen Davis, despite it being the third book in her Cooper Construction series. 

Obviously it revolves around a construction crew. Through the use of multiple pov, the reader learns everything about these messy and complicated men. 

Robbie's a nerd at first glance, but he's hiding so much pain and hurt from the world. Robbie's long crushed on his introverted co-worker, Matt.

This story is that of an ex-addict who's struggling. It's the story of a single dad who's fighting for custody, just trying to get enough money to help his mother and son.

Robbie and Matt are are complex and loveable men, who desperately need one another. Both men are full of tough life experiences, and together they can help each other heal. Adding to the fun is the wonderful addition of a great friends unit who include them and support them everyday.

Jen Davis' writing is great, with multi-layered characters, fluid writing, realistic dialogue, and a fantastic storyline. After enjoying the emotional journey in Robby tremendously, I hope to get a chance to read the previous books in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...