Thursday, August 15, 2019

Ship Work (Valentine's Inc. Cruises #1) by Jacki James







Blurb

Falling in love with your boss is never a good idea. Now if someone could just explain that to my heart.

Dane:
When I first started working for Holt Atwood, I respected him. That respect turned to like, and eventually into love.

But Holt is married to his job, and I am not about playing second fiddle to mergers and acquisitions. So it’s time to move on.

I can do this one last thing for him though. I can go on this singles cruise with him and help him see that work isn’t all there is to life. If I can do that, I will feel better about leaving him with such short notice.

Holt:
Work has been my focus for so long I’ve forgotten what it’s like to just let go and have fun.

At first, when my parents insisted I go on this cruise because I was on the fast track to burn out, I thought I could take my assistant along and make it a work trip.

But Dane has other ideas, and the longer I am around him outside of work, the more I realize maybe everyone is right. Maybe I have been so focused on work I’ve missed what’s really important.

I just hope it’s not too late to convince Dane I want him for more than work. I want him forever.


Review 
My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Jacki James' Ship Work is everything I was hoping for from this contribution to the Valentine's Inc Cruises series. 

This romance between Dane and Holt is a super fun boss/employee romance. Holt's the boss who's whole life is about work, work, and more work. He doesn't know how to enjoy life. Dane's the employee who has a crush on Holt and is about to quit working for the man.

What follows is a fun cruise ship adventure where Dane teaches Holt to let loss and relax. I love this aspect of the story, as the extent to which Holt is "all work" is quite funny, and Dane's teaching him to relax is charming. 

I enjoy that we learn why Holt is the way he is, making his addiction to work relatable. 

Ship Work is a short, quick tale that contains a sweet romance. It's a cute story with a fun premise. It's a great way to start off this multi-author series, and a perfect read for when you're in the mood for a feel-good romance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...