Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Rhythm You Feel (The Rock Gods: East Coast Label #1) by Ann Lister







Blurb

Blade: As the lead singer of Hard Core, I’ve been taught several key life lessons. Unfortunately, I've also ignored many of them in the last twenty minutes alone, which is why I'm now being chased by a hoard of crazed fans.

But my worst misjudgment today? Going outside in public without security or a backup plan. Screaming fans come with the job and the fame is as much of a blessing as it is a curse, but I still couldn't imagine doing any other line of work.

Music owns me and I am happy to be her bitch.

Nico: I knew who he was as soon as he burst through the front door of my store and I was absolutely starstruck and speechless. Yes, me with my own hardened attitude and jaded outlook on life had lost the ability to talk in the presence of Blade.

I'm an ex-con. I paid my debt to society, and I have my own brand of scars to show from the time I spent behind bars. My life's regrets stain my soul as much as the ink of my tattoos color my skin. Solace for me came with ownership of a bookstore. It was a peaceful place to work until a certain rockstar blew in from the street like a Category 5 hurricane.

Hurricane Blade was about to make landfall and I wasn't sure I'd survive the storm.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


A Rhythm You Feel is the first book in a new series by Ann Lister, The Rock Gods: East Coast Label. And, omg, I am so freakin excited!

Immediately, this story has all that I love about Ann Lister's books. Reading one of her books is like coming home. Her rock world is fascinating, and the men loveable and charismatic. But, more than anything, it's her writing style that sucks me in every time. It's smooth, seamless, and riveting. 

Blade's the lead singer of Hard Core. In a fun meet cute, he meets Nico as he's escaping a crowd of fans by running into Nico's bookstore. 

Aww, Nico. His past is saddening, full of drugs and jail time. Meeting Blade, everything changes for the man. He meets the bands, Black Ice and Ivory Tower, which is extremely entertaining. He's in awe and fangirls as we all would. It's fun, sweet, and also sad, as he struggles with some of what he sees. 

One of my favorite parts of the behind the scenes moments are the differences between the older bands and the newer ones. The lifestyle is tamed down for the Black Ice and Ivory Tower guys, while those new to the lifestyle still like to party hard. It's an interesting aspect that the author explores well.

Damn, Blade and Nico have intense chemistry and an even better emotional connection. I love them together. Nico's transformation from a man who works too much and doesn't get much enjoyment out of life, to a man who's happy and in love, is beautiful! To say that meeting Blade was a godsend would be an understatement. Not only does Nico find love, he also finds the joy in life that he was missing. And for Blade, in Nico's he's found someone worth spending his time with, someone who likes him for him and not his fame, and someone worth loving.


Their story is one of finding someone who makes you want to be a better person. It's about trying to mesh two opposing lifestyles to be with the one you love. And it's about the ongoing struggle with addiction.

I can't recommend A Rhythm You Feel enough. I love this book. And I can't wait for more of this series. Once again, Ann Lister had me delighted with every single word. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...