Sunday, April 11, 2021

Trusting You, Trusting Me: A Hart Security Spin Off by Jacki James

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link




I used to believe in true love and happy ever after, but my ex taught me that not all men are prince charming… and that I can’t trust myself to tell the difference.

I had a plan for my life: a husband, a couple of kids, a successful career in animal medicine. For a short time, it looked like I was going to get everything I wanted. But my prince turned into a frog, and I was left trying to navigate life as a single dad.

Then along comes Ash Southerland, and our one-night stand turns into so much more. Once again, I can see a path to the future I always dreamed of. But what if I’m wrong, and just like before I’m seeing something that isn’t real.

The longer I’m around him, the easier it is for me to believe that this time I might get it right. If he can learn to trust others after all he has been through, then surely, I can do the same.

But when family secrets from his past come to light, will our newfound love be strong enough to weather the storm?




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Trusting You, Trusting Me is a great romance by Jacki James. The title says it all. This is a story where both men need to learn to trust again, both in themselves, and each other.

I quickly feel into this book and didn't want to put it down. 

I enjoy the way Ash and Ezra meet, and adore the way everything develops for them. 

This is a tale with an instant attraction, plenty of sweetness, and trust issues. 

Their story includes some suspense and anxiety as someone is watching Ash. I enjoy the way all of this is developed and carried out. With Ash's past attack, the tension is definitely increased.

I enjoy the writing style, and I adore the men and all the lovable side characters. We get to visit with the men from Hart Security, as well as be entertained by cute kids and a sweet dog. 

Trusting You, Trusting Me is a great, low angst romance. This Jacki James read had me smiling a lot. I highly recommend it when you're in the mood for a feel-good romance, filled with adorable kids and dogs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...