Sunday, April 18, 2021

Web of Lies (The Goode Life #2) by Isla Olsen

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




Jesse

My little brother is getting married and I couldn’t be happier…

Well, maybe I could if I hadn’t just been dumped by the boyfriend I thought was about to propose, kicked out of my New York apartment, and, worst of all, lost one of the pediatric patients under my care at the hospital where I work as a nurse.

With the current sh*tstorm that is my life, who could blame me for going a little overboard on the cocktails at the bachelor weekend in Vegas?

Me. I could blame me. Especially when I wake up with the hangover from hell and the memory of marrying my arch-nemesis, Webster Goode, in a ceremony caught on camera by the reality show Real Vegas Weddings.

There’s only one clear path forward: get through my brother’s wedding, get an annulment, and get back to New York and my normal life. All without anyone finding out what Web and I did in Vegas.

But it turns out correcting that big mistake won’t be as easy as I’d first thought, and keeping our secret from the Finchley gossip machine could be damn near impossible…

The truth is, the more time I spend with Web, the more I start to realize there might be a very thin line between love and hate…

Come visit Finchley, CA, where the sun’s always shining, the locals are always gossiping, and you won’t walk two steps without bumping into a member of the Goode family. If you’re lucky, you might find gold; or, even better…true love.
 



My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Web of Lies is the second book in Isla Olsen's The Goode Life series. And wow, what a fabulous series it is so far!

Jesse and his former friend Webster have an ugly history. Current enemies, they still have had to deal with their families being friends. But, oh how I adore the way everything develops between the two, even if it's all a little ridiculous. Hell, I'm not even sure what to say about what happens in Vegas. But I certainly don't hate it.

The big "aha!" moment seemed a little strange in it's timing, but I don't care. It's all cute and sweet. 

The men are certainly great together, full of attitude and strangely never fighting it out. They banter and argue but never yell about their pasts. Instead, we get their stubborn sides that puts them in some crazy situations. 

As for the sex, oh boy, it's hot! They certainly have chemistry in spades. 

Jesse. Sweet Jesse. I love the nurse side of Jesse. As a pediatric nurse, I love how he cares for his patients. 

And oh dear lord. The facebook posts, the texts, and chats are hysterical. This family is fabulous. I love it all. The Goode family keeps me delighted throughout. Everything about them make me smile.

Overall, Web of Lies is an amazing addition to this series. Isla Olsen once again leaves me smiling and laughing throughout. I can't wait to see what happens next. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...